Sheffield political things

I am also voting for the first time this year and I have the same dilemma! I

went to my nans to ask for her advice, after spending the first 30mins listening to her shout at me for not voting before and how many women died so I could vote!!!!! She then said to me, I should vote for those who will do the most for me, those who I will personally gain from!

Oh and my nan's other advice was that I should never vote for a woman!! so the SNP, Green Party and that lovely welsh lass are out of the question.

So as you can see - DILEMMA!

I MUST vote as I don't want a the lives and deaths of hundreds/thousands/millions of women who fought and are still fighting for the right to vote to be on my conscious.

BUT who the hell do I vote for? who is the best of a bad bunch?

Your Nan sounds a bit confused over her women - urging you to vote for all the women who vote for it but not to vote for a woman.

It's perfectly OK to vote for a woman, now that Thatcher's gone.

Vote for who ever lives nearest to you then you can always 'pop round' when it goes threepenny bits up. In our diocese the choice is standing candidate (lives local), UKIP (lives local but I'm not a fan of Hitler), Lie Dem (lives in Harrogate), (s)Tory (lives in North Hampshire!!), English Democrats (lives in Nuremburg, er Barnsley), so often up goes the shout about sticking a red rosette on a aardvark, but surely the onus is on every one else to stick up a viable alternative.

Your Nan sounds a bit confused over her women - urging you to vote for all the women who vote for it but not to vote for a woman.

Of course she's confused, she's 84!

---------- Post added 24-04-2015 at 03:46 ----------

Possibly because he's not standing in Sheffield.

---------- Post added 23-04-2015 at 20:07 ----------

You seem to have confused an election with speed dating.

There's no confusion here. But totes hilairrrr btw! :rolleyes:

Clegg gets my vote :nod:

He's been very helpful over local issues and it's down to him that we've finally got a program of repair for Sheffield's crumbling roads.

He's a community and fairness oriented man :)

You are confused, both over the roads which were none of Clegg's doing and over local issues. Clegg is an entrenched part of the metropolitan elite. Far from being a local man Clegg, as part of the Coalition has:

1. Cut the money that the government gives to Sheffield by over £238 million, a reduction of over 50%, since 2010.

2. Cut South Yorkshire’s EU funding by over 50%.

3. Refused to support the Forgemasters Loan.

As to Clegg being fair & community minded. His Coalition has:

1. Trebled tuition fees to £9,000 per year.

2. Supported the top down reorganisation of our NHS, diverting £3 billion away from front line care.

3. Allowed the sell off of the Post Office on the cheap.

4. Brought in the Bedroom Tax, targeting the most vulnerable in our society.

5. Increased VAT to 20% after campaigning against a VAT increase.

I could go on and on but it is making me tired. If you live in the Hallam Ward vote for Oliver Coppard, who is actually a local man, interested in local issues.

Vote for a woman? Oh yes - Leanne Wood or Natalie Bennett??? NEITHER!

:):)

You are confused, both over the roads which were none of Clegg's doing and over local issues. Clegg is an entrenched part of the metropolitan elite. Far from being a local man Clegg, as part of the Coalition has:

1. Cut the money that the government gives to Sheffield by over £238 million, a reduction of over 50%, since 2010.

2. Cut South Yorkshire’s EU funding by over 50%.

3. Refused to support the Forgemasters Loan.

As to Clegg being fair & community minded. His Coalition has:

1. Trebled tuition fees to £9,000 per year.

2. Supported the top down reorganisation of our NHS, diverting £3 billion away from front line care.

3. Allowed the sell off of the Post Office on the cheap.

4. Brought in the Bedroom Tax, targeting the most vulnerable in our society.

5. Increased VAT to 20% after campaigning against a VAT increase.

I could go on and on but it is making me tired. If you live in the Hallam Ward vote for Oliver Coppard, who is actually a local man, interested in local issues.

I don't really care about most of this stuff though, so these aren't issues for me to worry about.

I want to vote for someone who will just keep everything like it is. I mean, my life seems OK. I don't make loads of money but I work and stuff. My bedroom hasn't been taxed I don't think. How's that work? VAT is the extra money you spend when buying clothes isn't it?

Why does politic have to be so confusing?

It said on the news today that a Labour Party in charge would ruin everything according to some guys called IFS.

I don't really care about most of this stuff though, so these aren't issues for me to worry about.

I want to vote for someone who will just keep everything like it is. I mean, my life seems OK. I don't make loads of money but I work and stuff. My bedroom hasn't been taxed I don't think. How's that work? VAT is the extra money you spend when buying clothes isn't it?

Why does politic have to be so confusing?

It said on the news today that a Labour Party in charge would ruin everything according to some guys called IFS.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies did not say that Labour would ruin everything. They said that all the major parties have left the public in the dark about the costs of their future policies but that the worst offenders here are the Conservatives. You should educate yourself on other issues or you may find yourself on the wrong side of Tory policy one day.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies did not say that Labour would ruin everything. They said that all the major parties have left the public in the dark about the costs of their future policies but that the worst offenders here are the Conservatives. You should educate yourself on other issues or you may find yourself on the wrong side of Tory policy one day.

Well not exact words what they used but that's how I sort of saw it. Listen, I just done a Google and found this what I pasted here below. It's not good news if your liking Labour to win!!

Labour would cost every family £1,000 a year more in taxes, according to think-tank that warns failure to control borrowing would leave Britain 'less well placed' to deal with another recession

Institute for Fiscal Studies says taxes will be £12b higher under Labour

Said the gap 'between the parties' was 'bigger than any time since 1992'

David Cameron said assessment showed Labour was 'risk to our recovery'

In withering verdict, think tank said parties were keeping voters in the dark