The man who helped to close wisewood secondary is running in election

I remember the whole Wisewood debate - both my kids went there and my youngest is now at FV

Remind me, what did he lie about?

What is FV.

What is FV.

At a guess it might be the school that replaced Wisewood.

Pin a red rosette on a donkey...

Or a blue one, the fact is people do not change their political allegiance easily, which is why there are safe seats of all colours

Or a blue one, the fact is people do not change their political allegiance easily, which is why there are safe seats of all colours

Also remember there is no such thing as safe council, Sheffield has changed between Labour and LibDem over the past years. People think it is always the Labour Party who run Sheffield.

Jan Wilson 1998 – 1999 Labour

Peter Moore 1999 – 2002 Liberal Democrats

Jan Wilson 2002 – 2003 No Overall Control

2003 – 2007 Labour

2007 – 2008 No Overall Control

Paul Scriven 2008 – 2010 Liberal Democrats

2010 – 2011 No Overall Control

Julie Dore 2011 – present Labour

Stop press!

Just found out "Wisewood School and Community Sports College. The school was closed in the Summer of 2011 and demolished in March 2012"

New schools take some planning, Paul Scriven was in charge from 2008 to 2010 or did it all happen instantly under Harry's charge?

Remember no matter who you vote for the council always get in.

Edited by Blackbeard

At a guess it might be the school that replaced Wisewood.

It stands for Forge Valley - a merger between Wisewood and Myers Grove schools. Not everyone approved of the change, there's been a lot written on here about it.

With a Labour majority of over 13k in the last GE, I doubt there will be any change in the outcome, although there may be an overall reduced vote for the major parties. Some voters may have supported David Blunkett, but won't feel the same about his replacement. I'd be interested to see a breakdown afterwards, to see if there are any differences in voting across the wards within Hillsborough and Brightside costituency.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Labour are demolishing wisewood! Closed wisewood secondary, sold spider park land and now forge valley won't pay for wisewood sports hall so it's future in jeopardy!!

Forge Valley and other secondary schools in that Academy group are each £500,000 short in funding for next year so they'll not be paying for anything in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised to see Forge Valley's own sports facilities on the market soon as they try to get some money in the coffers (Oh! I forgot they've already done that and rent them back along with the rest of the school)

What a mess they made of the merger

Don't say- "We can sack staff to make up the money" or "We can declare ourselves bankrupt".

Do say- "As an Academy we get more money and can spend it how we want"

Yes I know thats how he got elected. And it wasnt all the unions it was the communist ones Unite (strike) and RMT.

But he still new fine well his brother wanted to stand and stabbed him in the back by standing against him. Obviously doesnt realise what a lot of us do that his brother was the better leader.

You're wrong

Only union members affiliated to the party have a vote RMT are not affiliated to the Labour Party and so do not get a vote. Also you imply that the unions leaders just decide that they will vote for Ed rather it is individual Union members so it is a democratic process

Yes I know thats how he got elected. And it wasnt all the unions it was the communist ones Unite (strike) and RMT.

But he still new fine well his brother wanted to stand and stabbed him in the back by standing against him. Obviously doesnt realise what a lot of us do that his brother was the better leader.

The RMT were not involved in the election of Miliband, because they haven't been affiliated to the Labour Party for over a decade.

As has already been said, individual union members affiliated to the Labour Party got a vote.

How come we don't say that David Miliband stabbed Ed in the back by standing against him. And anyway, standing in an election isn't any kind of being stabbed in the back, it's a democratic competition.

His brother is nowhere near as creepy.
Actually I think the brother really creepy!......a chamelion presence like no other! but anyway has headed off away from the coal face of politics like Blair and must be thinking why bother!

He may end up using his talents to make millions like Blair..........funny how they eventually develop evil right wing tastes,like Roy Hattersley choosing Baslow as a desres and Blunkett the Chatsworth estate.Scargill suing the hand that fed him,and the great teflon really showing them how it's done by making millions!............nothing wrong with any of them!,they did it through sheer hard work,and whatever anyone tells you so can we, if we stop listening to the wrong people!

Saying all that, the polling card came through the door today and it was the old occupant. I might not be registered afterall. I'm sure I filled it in.

The deadline to register to vote for the 7th May 2015 elections is 20th April.

See this website here: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Why has he been chosen he is not local? is it jobs for the boys as per usual , he is in fact a Notts miner and we all know how they backed the strike.

Harry Harpham does live in the constituency he represents. He live at Page Hall.

Which is more than David Blunkett did living on the Chatsworth Estate. Saying that I wonder how long it'll be before he sells up.

I sympathise with the people of Hillsborough with their options of him as he has done little to help improve the problems we face daily.