The man who helped to close wisewood secondary is running in election

Why would a school want to pay for an unconnected sports centre when it has its own facilities? The school's money should be spent on educating its students

The sports centre was a part of Wisewood school which, although this has now gone the costs and runnings obligation of the sports centre remain.

I think it was a condition of the academy being built

I think it was one of many conditions broken , and the merger school was said not to become a academy .

---------- Post added 10-04-2015 at 21:44 ----------

Which bit of the Spider Park do you mean? The bit at the top that was Sevenfields? I can't understand why they've not extended that build down to the old park bit itself, it would make a lovely little sheltered housing estate. It's not really used for anything other than loitering teens and people taking their dogs out and not clearing up after themselves.

If we ever get that promised play park on the old secondary school site I'll be overjoyed!

Idea of a promised park would be great , Will it happen ? not sure anyone knows that answer now. and the idea of the park on the old secondary school site again a good idea - BUT if the sports centre cant self run itself im sure they will be another sheltered housing site. -But we do have Mr Harpham to thank for this:mad:

BUT if the sports centre cant self run itself im sure they will be another sheltered housing site. -But we do have Mr Harpham to thank for this:mad:

I seem to recall plans for a football complex on that site.

The problem is that people within SCC chase wild ideas. Back in the 90s the idea was that Sheffield could host the Commonwealth Games, back in the 00s it was that Sheffield would be a host city if England won a World Cup bid.

This city has to stop dreaming big and get on with providing the basics.

There are football pitches there, and they seem to be fairly popular.

I'm sure it wouldn't cost a fortune to have a small play park there on the area next to the RIVA building. It would also be relatively secure in the evenings as the site is locked up.

It would be so well used - the nearest parks for us are Hillsborough, Rivelin or the one opposite the Rodney, which are all a fair trek for little legs. It's a shame that even though our community is expanding, the basic facilities just aren't in easy distance, forcing people onto buses and cars instead of a nice walk away. :(

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 09:35 ----------

Yes the grassy land that's left has been sold.

Don't think my kids will ever see a park at wisewood.

Ah, I didn't know that! Was it bought by the same developers as the Sevenfields part? Wonder if they will build there once the flats are complete...

Fact remains Is labour have the cheek to stand HARPHAM for this area after all his lies he said . think they could have had anyone else but HIM !!!

add to that what another sf poster put him celebrating Thacthers Death. no respect !!!! who ever you vote far

Fact remains Is labour have the cheek to stand HARPHAM for this area after all his lies he said . think they could have had anyone else but HIM !!!

add to that what another sf poster put him celebrating Thacthers Death. no respect !!!! who ever you vote far

Well if he lied, and I dont really know the ins and outs of this issue then they do have a cheek putting him up there. However remember this is the same Labour that chose Sean Wright for PCC even though he presided over the worst abuse scandals we have had to deal with.

However as for celebrating Thatchers death. I normally am quite appalled someone would want to celebrate the death of someone who has passed this mortal coil. However in the case of that vindictive evil woman who caused pain and suffering to so many good riddance. And to top it all we had to pay for her flipping funeral to rub salt in the wound.

However as for celebrating Thatchers death. I normally am quite appalled someone would want to celebrate the death of someone who has passed this mortal coil. However in the case of that vindictive evil woman who caused pain and suffering to so many good riddance. And to top it all we had to pay for her flipping funeral to rub salt in the wound.

Whatever your political views, she was someone's mother.

Labour were up in arms this week when Fallon stated that Milliband stabbed his brother in the back. How rude and distasteful they said. Yet we have a potential Labour MP celebrating the death of someone.

Sadly it is what we have come to expect in this country.

Whatever your political views, she was someone's mother.

Labour were up in arms this week when Fallon stated that Milliband stabbed his brother in the back. How rude and distasteful they said. Yet we have a potential Labour MP celebrating the death of someone.

Sadly it is what we have come to expect in this country.

Firstly I dont understand why they were up in arms over that. Milliband did stab his brother in the back. That was a fact. It seems they dont like the truth. Thats the one reason why I had issues deciding to vote for them. The wrong Milliband was chosen.

Firstly I dont understand why they were up in arms over that. Milliband did stab his brother in the back. That was a fact. It seems they dont like the truth. Thats the one reason why I had issues deciding to vote for them. The wrong Milliband was chosen.

He was chosen by the Unions. The Unions own the Labour Party. They are about to be owned by the Scotch Nats also. Bitches.