Southey Green School

i remember the police putting a show on at southey school.mr Drake put the padding on his arm and the police dog chased him down.....good times

i remember the police putting a show on at southey school.mr Drake put the padding on his arm and the police dog chased him down.....good times

old drakey wouldn,t have got very far before the dog caught him,he was quite overweight from what i remember,with bad b.o......i went to see him in 1981 when he was headmaster at a school at wincobank.good times indeed.

anybody go to southey green school 1960 to 1970 any memories from then?

hi my dad went to southey school about that time John McCarthy does his name ring a bell? i am trying to get some pictures together from that time for his 60th next february. grateful for anything!!!

hi my dad went to southey school about that time John McCarthy does his name ring a bell? i am trying to get some pictures together from that time for his 60th next february. grateful for anything!!!

i knew a kieran mccarthy,he would be mid 50,s now,lived around the launce road area.

I used to love those police fortnights they used to have, they did more for police/public relations than any amount of TV ads.

I remember a PC Harrison who was very popular with the kids and also being took around West bar nick on a tour.... Excellent stuff.

i knew a kieran mccarthy,he would be mid 50,s now,lived around the launce road area.

Hi okismoki, keiron is my uncle. there was 7 of them in total, wonder if you remember any of my other aunts and uncles: John (my dad), Kath, Keiron, Julie, Michael, donna, Helen and David. they did live on Launce rd what a memory!

PM me your name will ask if anyone remembers you

Hi all, I'm posting on behalf of my mom since I have an account here. Her name at school was Joan Ashton and she lived on Deerlands Ave. She has an older sister Kathleen, who attended 1958-1962.

"I was at Southey secondary (came from Lindsay Road Juniors) and started in 1962, left in 1966.

Does anyone remember Miss Revill, otherwise known as "Flossie"? She was a tyrant.

First class was with Mrs Rowley (fags and makeup), last class was with Mrs Carr. I quite liked her, she taught history.

Does anybody remember Horace the skeleton, who lived in the cupboard in the science room?

I used to sit next to a girl called Susan Holman who lived on Launce Road."

Hi posting on behalf of my dad he says he remembers Susan Holman they lived on same road.

i have put a class photo on it must have been taken about 1957-8 it was taken by Mr Pride he has signed it at the bottom its on one of the pages

Would like to see the photo Pauline.

Hi okismoki, keiron is my uncle. there was 7 of them in total, wonder if you remember any of my other aunts and uncles: John (my dad), Kath, Keiron, Julie, Michael, donna, Helen and David. they did live on Launce rd what a memory!

PM me your name will ask if anyone remembers you

Keiron was in my class,I left in 1970,I think he did live on Launce,sure Pete Stancil and Tony Marshall did too.

i have put a class photo on it must have been taken about 1957-8 it was taken by Mr Pride he has signed it at the bottom its on one of the pages

hi thanks, how do i access the photo? new to this! kerry:)

I remember hanging around with Kieron ,sheffield Lane Top back in 70s.

Blonde hair and always wore denim jacket back then.

I remember hanging around with Kieron ,sheffield Lane Top back in 70s.

Blonde hair and always wore denim jacket back then.

ha ha he's changed a bit these days. lived in worksop since early 80s.