Southey Green School

The top playground ........ was it just for girls, I can't remember. There was netball pitch marked out and some other lines that I never fathomed out!

There was the girls outside toilets as you walked in, connected by a canopy, these are now an office for the clerical staff, and to your left the stairs that led to Luptons office with his "stop, go" lights and buzzers. The chaps name that escapes you who played the piano, took gardening for the C and D classes was ........ Mr Gower.

mr gower...he once slippered mick curley, we were totally shocked when curley wriggled free from his grasp,stood upright and shouted" bo@@@x ba*@!?d".....so was mr gower,who then proceeded to lecture a sniggering classroom about the decline in morals.

The year was 1971.What would he think about the world today.

I Couldn't believe my eyes when I came across this message board . I went to Southey Green in 1965 - 1969 and my name is Steve Beatson now living in Melbourne Australia . Hope Malagablade [ Brian Wise ] might remember me we were in the same form for those 2 years he was there . Mr Lupton was Headmaster, Mr Webster and Mrs Carr were Deputies . Anyone remember Mrs Rowley's notched cane at the back of the blackboards never saw her use it once . Didn't Mr Northcliffe and Mr Hukin get their Wives at the school
ey up steve,do remember you pal.dont come on here too often,been living in nerja now for just over 5 years,was managing for whitbread for about 15 yrs b4 that,and other companies,worked the door @ josephines in between. also did 7 years in corfu in 80's,lloret in 1980 and about 11 years turning at bsc after leaving firth park. what you up to these days.i'm actually on facebook ,pretty sad for an old f!%*er!but actually found people not been in touch with for 20 odd years. only ever bumped into 2 people that i can remember from southey ,one of them i wish i'd never spotted him ,he was a nightmare,so obviously not putting his name on here .regards brian:thumbsup:

I went to Southey School from 1958 to 1962, then I left to go to work at Banners in the offices. I was in Mr Gowers class also Mr woddem's and Miss Needle took us for P.E and domestic science. The person that played the piano for dancing class was Mrs Clarke. I can't ever remember having any group photos taken ,but i'm going back a long time

I was also there at that time but was probably in the year above as I stayed on to take O levels. We did have group photos taken and I do have some of the netball team & the prefects of 1962 but I don't think class photos were taken at that time.The school has a great collection of photos which we saw when I arranged a visit following the last re union.

Do you know any of these people that were in my class.I have tried to contact them on Face book with no joy. Janet Molloy, Irene Duncan they were my best friends at school.Also in my class were Pat Flint,Terry Benson Gerald cotton, Arthur Coles to mention a few.

Does anyone remember Robert, Jim and Marilyn Jackson? They were at southey at around the mid 50s to mid 60s.

They were my siblings and I started there in the mid 60s after they left.

Do you know any of these people that were in my class.I have tried to contact them on Face book with no joy. Janet Molloy, Irene Duncan they were my best friends at school.Also in my class were Pat Flint,Terry Benson Gerald cotton, Arthur Coles to mention a few.

terry benson lived on fastaff road,then married,last known at lowedges.

Hi

i was at Southey Green until '83, last teacher was Mrs Dobson

Any one else from this time?

Jason

I went to Southey Green School from 1957 - 1961. I remember some of the teachers Boris Cooper for one. Who was the science teacher at that time anyone remember. I used to hate Mrs Carr. Classmates were John Cooper, Peter Bradshaw, Arnold Lilley,

June Hutchinson, Vivienne Pearson. Can anyone remember any of them.

Used to live on Southey Hall Road.

I was in Mrs Rowleys class. Went to Southey Green School in 1957 from Lindsey Raod.

I remember the names you mentioned My name is Edward Fothergill also in my class was, Jean Godbeher, Margaret Harrison, Marilyn Morris, Hazel MAttock, to name some of the girls the boys were John Brown, Gerald Cotton, Len Powell, Fred Hird, Leneord Wild, Laurence Bennet.

Be nice if you were in same class. My email is [email protected] if you would like to get in touch

Hi Deerlands.I remember Boris cooper,I also remember Jean Godbher ,Marilyn Morris John Brown, and Gerald cotton. I will get in touch with you.

Hi island girl, I also lived on Southey Hall Road. People that lived around me were the Johnsons, Smiths, Nutalls. Do you know any of them. I lived at the genalend that takes you up to Southey Green Rd.