Southey Green School

To Joy

Regards the school photos ...... I have around half a dozen photos from the mid 40's to the late 1950's, showing various members of staff and pupils plus the school dog? ....... send me a PM (private message) with your e-mail address and I will pass them on to you.

Hi pietro... as for the school dog there where plenty used to hang around the canteen I can remember we used to play marbles against the wall of the canteen .

anybody go to southey green school 1960 to 1970 any memories from then?
just left 1960 what a school memorys

fat horrible mrs mcgrath,she wouldn,t let me go to the toilet,the only teacher i hated at southey,miss turner,mrs worral,mr rann,mr senior,mr roebuck,all were sound,miss tew wasn,t bad,but a little eccentric. miss hill was head of the infants,then miss pattison was head of the juniors,she retired & mr lupton came back as head,i left in 72.

I attended the Junior School at Southey 1955-61

I am struggling to remember the teachers at that time.

I lived on North Hill Road .

Great playground and grassed area - ideal for footy as I recall.

Anyone out there with a better memory ?

i was at south

I attended the Junior School at Southey 1955-61

I am struggling to remember the teachers at that time.

I lived on North Hill Road .

Great playground and grassed area - ideal for footy as I recall.

Anyone out there with a better memory ?

i was at south

i have put a class photo on it must have been taken about 1957-8 it was taken by Mr Pride he has signed it at the bottom its on one of the pages

i went to southey school and left about 1961, i lived on southey hall rd then, the only teachers i can remember are gower and waddom,seniorand pop kaye headmaster

Hi all, I'm posting on behalf of my mom since I have an account here. Her name at school was Joan Ashton and she lived on Deerlands Ave. She has an older sister Kathleen, who attended 1958-1962.

"I was at Southey secondary (came from Lindsay Road Juniors) and started in 1962, left in 1966.

Does anyone remember Miss Revill, otherwise known as "Flossie"? She was a tyrant.

First class was with Mrs Rowley (fags and makeup), last class was with Mrs Carr. I quite liked her, she taught history.

Does anybody remember Horace the skeleton, who lived in the cupboard in the science room?

I used to sit next to a girl called Susan Holman who lived on Launce Road."

I remember Joan, did she live on the stretch of Deerlands Ave between Ingelow and Lindsay Ave, near the garages?

I remember Joan, did she live on the stretch of Deerlands Ave between Ingelow and Lindsay Ave, near the garages?

She did indeed. I assume you lived near there too? :)

Hi does anyone remember Andrew Boyes went to Southey green school 1968-69