Southey Green School

nikita

Anyone remember Kathleen Albert Sylvia June And Graham Hall 4 of us went to Southey Green School. We lived at 6 Crowder Ave. We moved to Australia in 68. Also had cousins at Southey green school Pat And Susan Moran. And Elaine Turton

I remember Albert,yes you lived at the Southey Hill end of Crowder,we lived on Southey Hill opposite the dentist.

• 3 weeks later...
I know this is an old thread, and it may be that nobody is interested in it any more.

I attended Southey Green (I think it was called Southey Green High School at the time). I went there when the secondary school at Meynell Road closed. It must have been about 61 or 62. I left in 1967. I remember Mr Lupton the head. Does anyone remember Stephen Hawk (Hawkeye), Dion Fothergill (I think he went to Australia), or was that Stephen Powell; its a long time ago. Does anyone also remember Ian Benson or Tony Dunwell.

Hi JEB1. I attended Southey from 57 to 67 and remember Hawkeye , Tony Dunwell, and Ian benson , in fact i worked with Ian at Kennings after leaving school and all three came to my wedding in 74.

---------- Post added 04-12-2014 at 23:46 ----------

I remember Keith Hartley I think he was bullied for a short time. Tony Dunwell was my best friend at school for several years. I remember David Wragg; didn't he suffer from epilepsy, or am I thinking of someone else? I can't remember who my form teacher was but I was in the B class!!!

I remember David and Keith , David did suffer from epilepsy and he lived on Southey Green Road , Keith lived on Southey Hill , we were all in the same class in the seniors and possibly earlier than that .

---------- Post added 05-12-2014 at 00:00 ----------

I also left in 67 and seem to remember Tony Dunwell was head boy and Sandra Ward head girl. Mrs Rowley was geography, Miss Marshall art, Mr Nortcliffe French. Can you remember Colin Thorpe, Susan Gibson, Billy Flint, Sylvia Brown, Gerald Commander, David Wragg, June Staniforth or Keith Hartley, if so we must have been in same year or class.

I remember all of the above ,plus David Smith , Tony Benson , Steven Wilkinson, and Graham Hodgson. So we must have been in the same year or class as i also left in 67, i recall some of my teachers , Mr Gowers in the annex building, Mr Hukin and Mr Green in the main building.

Does anybody remember John Barker or Keith Millar? I have difficulty in remembering teachers names. I remember Mr Lupton who administered several incidents of corporal punishment. An inordinate amount of which seemed to be to my rear! I also remember Mrs Carr and Mr Nortcliffe as for the rest its a bit of a fog.

Edited by JEB1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone whom may know mick/michael benson whonuse to live on falstaff road and went to southey green school in the 60s and 70s also went to linsay road youth club with is brother tony please reply back.

were holding a surprise party for him in march for all who knows him

thank you