Southey Green School

On 19/04/2020 at 14:52, Sheetmetalman said:

Does anyone remember John Herd,  kenny Peacock, Jimmy Staniforth

Hi remember John Herd he was a mate of Fred Sanderson. he was in the same class as me I think the form teacher was Miss Revill. Were you at Southey the same time as me

On 28/04/2020 at 16:55, John St Clair said:

Hi remember John Herd he was a mate of Fred Sanderson. he was in the same class as me I think the form teacher was Miss Revill. Were you at Southey the same time as me

I remember you always coming second to me.

22 hours ago, Sheetmetalman said:

I remember you always coming second to me.

Hi I take it you are FRED

Hi how are you keeping 

I just found this site a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see my name on the last page. It brings back a lot of memories.

Edited by Sheetmetalman

Hi Fred

I only found this site a short while ago.

I am fine hope you and your family are too.

Are you coping ok with these troubled times.

Brings back a lot of memories for me too. I am trying to find if any one else we went to school with are on this site.

As far as I can tell you are the only one I remember, do you keep in touch with any one from Southey.

Do you still live in the area.

Just come across this again.

My name was Ann Bloomer, I'm sure some will remember especially the likes of Harry Whittaker,  John Chalfin and Keith Watson amongst others, making fun of my name with their little ditty:-

Bloomers, Bloomers 2/6d a pair, wash 'em dry 'em, go and buy another pair.

I remember Katherine Seymour, Kathleen Hutton and Susan Greenhedge. I was Mr Gowers class, Mr Howe and Mrs Carr.

I remember Miss Marshall in Sewing, Miss Waite in Music, Miss Needle PE (she liked using the slipper on the whole class). Mr Headley sport,  and a few others.

We didn't have much money but I can't ever remember feeling unsafe and having the pressures kids have today.

Edited by Ann Travis
Want to be notified

On 16/04/2004 at 16:02, ginger said:

hi everyone

my name is david wilde my family migrated to australia in 1970 i went to your school but don't remember much i lived in buchanan road and often played in longley park if you might remember my family at all email me at [email protected]

thanks

dave

I lived just 3 houses away,I remember you lived at 79.

On 14/04/2004 at 13:36, nikita said:

anybody go to southey green school 1960 to 1970 any memories from then?

I was at Southey from 1962 to 64 , remember some of the teachers , Mrs Carr ( who lived opposite me on the Norfolk Park ) Mr Bishop , will never forget that bully Headley , and a guy called Gower who took metal work , struggling to remember the teacher who took woodwork !

On 20/11/2023 at 10:25, Ann Travis said:

Just come across this again.

My name was Ann Bloomer, I'm sure some will remember especially the likes of Harry Whittaker,  John Chalfin and Keith Watson amongst others, making fun of my name with their little ditty:-

Bloomers, Bloomers 2/6d a pair, wash 'em dry 'em, go and buy another pair.

I remember Katherine Seymour, Kathleen Hutton and Susan Greenhedge. I was Mr Gowers class, Mr Howe and Mrs Carr.

I remember Miss Marshall in Sewing, Miss Waite in Music, Miss Needle PE (she liked using the slipper on the whole class). Mr Headley sport,  and a few others.

We didn't have much money but I can't ever remember feeling unsafe and having the pressures kids have today.

I knew Bri Bloomer when I was younger !

I was at southey 1958 - 1961. Last teacher was Mrs Rawley 4B. Mr gower took woodwork. Metal work teacher was Mr Cawthorne I think

Following my last input. I have had a rethink. Mr Green was the woodwork teacher. I am still unsure about the metalwork teacher.

5 hours ago, blackhill said:

Following my last input. I have had a rethink. Mr Green was the woodwork teacher. I am still unsure about the metalwork teacher.

Mr Hooper, he also took the technical drawing class