Steam trains through Sheffield

So anywhere on the line that the normal trains run on between Meadowhall and Sheffield?

Flying drones within arguably 150m and certainly within 50m of trains or tracks is illegal.

CAA and Network Rail have other "commercial" legal flying and copyright restrictions.

The potential of 80mph crashes between trains and drones has led to a request for all enthusiasts to report any breach of these rules to BTP who will actively prosecute on evidence collected during and after events.

Stupid and thoughtless individuals endanger the existence of steam on network rail.

Flying drones within arguably 150m and certainly within 50m of trains or tracks is illegal.

CAA and Network Rail have other "commercial" legal flying and copyright restrictions.

The potential of 80mph crashes between trains and drones has led to a request for all enthusiasts to report any breach of these rules to BTP who will actively prosecute on evidence collected during and after events.

Stupid and thoughtless individuals endanger the existence of steam on network rail.

Thank you Annie.

I am very aware of the law and safety is always paramount in how i operate.

However, I wont be using a drone tomorrow morning. I will be look to get some 4k video footage for a show reel.

Edited by SkylinePhoto

A popular train spotters location is Coronation Bridge in Rotherham - between Holmes Junction and Masborough. Most days it is one or two people but I've seen 10+ occasionally.

The bridge itself is double yellow lines but you can park either end on side streets

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Coronation+Bridge,+Rotherham+S61+1AY/@53.4296429,-1.374174,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487976fef5cd5c8f:0x5ba16347999ec89c!8m2!3d53.4296429!4d-1.3719853?hl=en

Iconic engine at Victoria Station .https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ardwick+manchester+1960&rlz=1CAACAJ_enGB652GB652&tbm=isch&imgil=cEfw82To3S44cM%253A%253BoZEPNXqjZp-zmM%253Bhtt

---------- Post added 04-08-2016 at 12:46 ----------

Flying Scotsman at Victoria. My apologises. I lost the caption somewhere in the mass of photos. It was definitely there.

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday 17th Aug 2016

Test Train

6201 Princess Elizabeth

Butterley (1200) - Butterley (1700)

Chesterfield P3 1422

Barrow Hill Nth Jn 1429 - 56

Woodhouse Jn 1511

Sheffield P8 1525-32

Heeley Up Loop 1538 - 1600

Dore Station Jn 1605

Dronfield No individual time listed

Chesterfield UBH 1618 - 24

(this is the siding/ running line at back of the station

NOTES

This is a test train so may be changed look on real time trains for up to date info - sorry cant get link to work

Heeley Up Loop is the siding at the bottom of woodseats road

Don't forget Peak rail in Matlock. Not too far and there are lovely stops along the route. Stop at Darley Dale and there's the beautiful Joseph Whitworth Park, with a lovely tea room and onto South Rowsley where there is a picnic site near the river and go rabbit spotting.