Stuart Grays position.

web1

Tha can bet thi life it'll be a few bob more than thee n me Hots.:hihi:

I'm genuinely concerned though Wossy. I didn't like what I was hearing, and until I know that we're not owned by someone with 5% of not a lot, then I'll be uber concerned.

There may be a lot more to this than meets the eye. :suspect:

But that reight, even 5% of 'not a lot' is a lot more than I've got. :hihi:

I've got less than 5% of not even very little. :hihi:

I'm genuinely concerned though Wossy. I didn't like what I was hearing, and until I know that we're not owned by someone with 5% of not a lot, then I'll be uber concerned.

Not worth getting concerned about Hotty, nothing you(or any other supporter) can do, apart from following your club through thick and thin.

Thing is though, he will be limited by FFP more than by personal wealth. I'd rather have someone who is prepared to put in 20 million and manage the club well (ie. make it stand on its own two feet rather than rely on constant funding from other sources) than someone who COULD put 1 billion in but is only interested in the short term (ie. get into the Premier League and sell as soon as there is money around, without putting money into facilities and the whole structure of the club rather than just the first team).

Thing is though, he will be limited by FFP more than by personal wealth. I'd rather have someone who is prepared to put in 20 million and manage the club well (ie. make it stand on its own two feet rather than rely on constant funding from other sources) than someone who COULD put 1 billion in but is only interested in the short term (ie. get into the Premier League and sell as soon as there is money around, without putting money into facilities and the whole structure of the club rather than just the first team).

It's something I find hard to grasp Tim, we all know that both Sheffield teams have been given a clean slate by benefactors plus they have cut staff, both are not paying penalties and fines for late payment of dues, both are not paying bank charges and both have healthy attendances for their respective divisions.

Yet Uniteds figures show a year on year defecit and Milan informs us that the Owls are still losing 5/6 million pounds annually.

What do the clubs have to do to get into a healthy trading pattern.?

I'm 99% sure that I heard that he was leading a consortium when the negotiations were discussed by M.M..

In any case a 5% stake in a multi billion pound business is far better than a kick in the conkers.

Chin up H.

the family (mainly his dad) are worth around $500 million, so he won't be short of a few quid.

It's something I find hard to grasp Tim, we all know that both Sheffield teams have been given a clean slate by benefactors plus they have cut staff, both are not paying penalties and fines for late payment of dues, both are not paying bank charges and both have healthy attendances for their respective divisions.

Yet Uniteds figures show a year on year defecit and Milan informs us that the Owls are still losing 5/6 million pounds annually.

What do the clubs have to do to get into a healthy trading pattern.?

Get promoted :(

I probably didn't make the point too clear though. There are numerous owners who are just sitting on the club, happy to push it forward by bringing in lots of players and changing managers every six months until somehow they get lucky. I'd much rather have an owner who is slightly less well off but more involved with the whole club and has an interest in ensuring the club is not rolling around in debt.