America.. You so silly

The areas of the US with the most gun crime are the places with the most restrictive gun laws.

Yesterday a two year old killed his own mother with her own gun in the middle of a supermarket. The toddler found the gun and presumably thought it was a toy. Why the safety was off I have no idea, but it is yet another signal from our Western friends that our gun laws here are imminently more sensible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30636326

An accident. In the arab world they kill one another deliberately on instructions from their god because they perceive that their victims worship their god in the wrong way. Now that is silly.

when criminals are tooled up ,its only right the law abiding public are allowed to be tooled up to defend themselves , otherwise the odds are stacked in the criminals favour. Yes from time to time you will get a little collateral damage and an accident will happen ,but better to be able to fight fire with fire.

So far removed from the truth that it's scary.

I'm glad that america has free gun laws i'd love to legally blow someone away who tried to rob me or any of my families properties - goodnight amigo

A large number of people in the US are killed with their own firearms when they try to act like you just described. More than successfully defend themselves.

A large number of people in the US are killed with their own firearms when they try to act like you just described. More than successfully defend themselves.

Anything to back that up - when I've entered into discussion with our american brethren they don't seem to think it happens. That or the instances of civilians shooting down muggers etc are under reported.

So we should get every country to do what we think is right because I might have a fortnights holiday there? I though decisions like gun control are best left to the people who live there. We've got the gun control we, broad speaking, want as a society. The Americans have, broadly speaking, the gun control they want - although I would admit their stances will be more polarised.

You said that not me..I never suggested that the US should capitulate to foreign sentiment. I disagreed with your sentiment that foreigners should have no opinion because it isn't our concern..it's the concern of every individual who sets foot on American soil. Americans and maybe yourself may not like opinion, but I'm afraid that's tough.

Anything to back that up - when I've entered into discussion with our american brethren they don't seem to think it happens. That or the instances of civilians shooting down muggers etc are under reported.

It does happen though because the requirement for buying a gun doesn't include an IQ or common sense test. I would like to see any would be gun buyer having to qualify on firearms safety handling and practices with an accredited firearms instructor and a certificate to back it up before going into a gun store. Another requirement would be that the would be buyer produce a sales receipt from a store which sells gun storage safes.

I don't know if this would be workable or shot down before it could be implemented but individual stupidity and irresponsibility should never be cited by ban the gun advocates as an excuse to repeal the 2nd amendment. No society can exist when laws are passed to punish the whole over the idiocy of a few

Edited by Harleyman

i posted this in the mass shootings thread last night tz

Sorry, missed that pal!

Good job I'M not in america then, would still love to catch some scroat trying to rob me then blow em away love it

You said that not me..I never suggested that the US should capitulate to foreign sentiment. I disagreed with your sentiment that foreigners should have no opinion because it isn't our concern..it's the concern of every individual who sets foot on American soil. Americans and maybe yourself may not like opinion, but I'm afraid that's tough.

Am I missing something here? I've lived here nearly 50 years. Never been mugged, never been threatened, never gotten into fisty cuffs, never been harassed by the law or had trouble with obnoxious neighbours. We get the Jovies and the Mormons coming around now and again banging on the door but I wouldn't say they're anything more than just a minor, harmless annoyance.

In the UK over time I had to disarm a drunk while traveling on a late night train on the London Underground who threated me with an empty bottle, got stopped by a bored foot patrol copper who had nothing better to do than demand a search of a hand grip I was carrying for no reason whatsoever. The words "probable cause" would have probably made him having to look up what it meant in a dictionary, witnessed an elderly gent getting knocked down by a youth at Aldgate East Tube station who ran off when we approached, saw a customer threaten another with a knife in a pub. While visiting France had our rental car stolen by joyriders and an attempt to steal my wife's purse on the Paris Metro.

These happenings occurred during several visits over the years. Maybe the Yank visitors need to be warned too.

"Warning if visiting the larger cities some scenes you see or experience may be disturbing. The overly sensitive are duly advised" :D

Am I missing something here? I've lived here nearly 50 years. Never been mugged, never been threatened, never gotten into fisty cuffs, never been harassed by the law or had trouble with obnoxious neighbours. We get the Jovies and the Mormons coming around now and again banging on the door but I wouldn't say they're anything more than just a minor, harmless annoyance.

In the UK over time I had to disarm a drunk while traveling on a late night train on the London Underground who threated me with an empty bottle, got stopped by a bored foot patrol copper who had nothing better to do than demand a search of a hand grip I was carrying for no reason whatsoever. The words "probable cause" would have probably made him having to look up what it meant in a dictionary, witnessed an elderly gent getting knocked down by a youth at Aldgate East Tube station who ran off when we approached, saw a customer threaten another with a knife in a pub. While visiting France had our rental car stolen by joyriders and an attempt to steal my wife's purse on the Paris Metro.

These happenings occurred during several visits over the years. Maybe the Yank visitors need to be warned too.

"Warning if visiting the larger cities some scenes you see or experience may be disturbing. The overly sensitive are duly advised" :D

The thread isn't about you, It's about a mother being gunned down by her 2yr old son..mind you Wal-Mart should be a dead giveaway.

So we should get every country to do what we think is right because I might have a fortnights holiday there? I though decisions like gun control are best left to the people who live there. We've got the gun control we, broad speaking, want as a society. The Americans have, broadly speaking, the gun control they want - although I would admit their stances will be more polarised.

I don't think the OP has tried to get anyone to do what we think is right.