Clintons Card Shop pulls Xmas card from shelves and apologies..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/clintons-faces-backlash-over-shameful-christmas-card--why-santa-claus-must-live-on-a-council-estate-9908540.html

There has been public uproar over this!

Ive seen this on twitter, facebook, forums etc... And general opinion comments are 'disgusting, never shopping there again....' And 'appauling they shouldnt stereotype all council estate people' etc etc...

Is there only me who thinks this card is actually funny!!!! I have lived on a council estate and it doesnt offend me in the slightest, I think it's tongue in cheek! It similar to a 'chav on in a council house' joke I read whilst living on a council estate, that didnt offend me either!!

I think perhaps people need to ask santa for a sense of humour for christmas and stop reading too much into things!

Edited by Chazndave

Me too :hihi:

me too.

I really don't get all this faux keyboard warrior outrage. Its pathetic.

Clintons should have stood their ground a bit.

ITS A JOKE. TV, radio, magazines always have worse jokes than this in them.

Lets face it card shops of all kinds are just full of silly clichés like this. All men are beer swilling, golf loving, flatulent, greying, baldies. All women are wine drinking, shoe loving, shopaholics. All teenagers like gaudy pop stars and talking cards with so called celebrities enabling them to say "lol" on twitter or whatever.

Nothing original ever.

In all honesty, 8 and 9 are really good

I've always lived on a council estate, personally, it doesn't fuss me, but after being on here a few times and seeing the way some people react to a comment about council estate residents, it's no surprise they've had to take it off the shelves.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/clintons-faces-backlash-over-shameful-christmas-card--why-santa-claus-must-live-on-a-council-estate-9908540.html

There has been public uproar over this!

Ive seen this on twitter, facebook, forums etc... And general opinion comments are 'disgusting, never shopping there again....' And 'appauling they shouldnt stereotype all council estate people' etc etc...

Is there only me who thinks this card is actually funny!!!! I have lived on a council estate and it doesnt offend me in the slightest, I think it's tongue in cheek! It similar to a 'chav on in a council house' joke I read whilst living on a council estate, that didnt offend me either!!

I think perhaps people need to ask santa for a sense of humour for christmas and stop reading too much into things!

No, it brought a smile to my face and I also grew up on a council estate.