Charlton v Wednesday

I never really listen to him mate. All same old different day as far as he is concerned. Comes on before the game and gives it the big un and then dependant on result he either stays around to gloat and annoy or when they lose he just disappears into the shadows.

I have found a lot of his posts quite amusing, had a lot of egg on face moments, but then we have had a few from our local sides that have that occur...

I never really listen to him mate. All same old different day as far as he is concerned. Comes on before the game and gives it the big un and then dependant on result he either stays around to gloat and annoy or when they lose he just disappears into the shadows.

:) You know him better than i obviously b-b, over the years is it how he always comes across? Bet he did a bit of gloating when Charlton were a Premier Lge club

under Alan Curbishley.:)Owl.

:) You know him better than i obviously b-b, over the years is it how he always comes across? Bet he did a bit of gloating when Charlton were a Premier Lge club

under Alan Curbishley.:)Owl.

I only know of him from when we played in League One together buddy not sure how long he has been around. Like longy said he can be a laugh at times but other times a pain in the backside.

at times but other times a pain in the backside.

first time weve agreed today ;)

first time weve agreed today ;)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Many thanks to Gazza today XX for keeping me updated with the goings on at Charlton. Whilst I was sat at The Lane watching a not very good game to be honest. It was typical local derby stuff. United had so many chances and regardless of the stats looked the only likely winners but Barnsley took their chance, slightly poor defending from a set piece (IMHO) and United just could not buy a goal. We have had a similar problem at our side of this great city of ours in quite a few games of late.

I know I am an Owl, and I have to say I don't dislike the Lane (have to complain that there is no hot water for hand washing - not even a pretence of a hot tap in sight? What is that about? Poor hygiene) It does feel quite intimate (small) but that isn't a drawback really, had a decent view even from the Kop. It doesn't make me tingle - I just couldn't feel the atmosphere like I do at S6 - perhaps it's my blood eh?

Met Butlers and chazndave - good people, chaz n dave nice 'mixed race' couple - one Rotherham one Blade!! Lol.

Hopefully, thanks to United's generosity WPH's coffers will have been boosted well. I got a £10 chucked in my bucket (cheat really as it was a family friend) but had a really heavy bucket to hand in :) I was on the corner of John St and Shoreham St, glad I got wrapped up as I was perished!

Oh Cheeky Bandit - so much for your 6-0 eh? Looking forward to your excuses.

BassetBoys - I had more than one message from Blades fans today wishing us a win against them - mostly saying who the hell do they think they are? Do you think they all read Cheeky Bandits comments? Nice response to his post too :)

So much to say today - I forgot to say I am really chuffed to bits we didn't lose. SG said he was mixing things up, I think Stevie May on the bench won't be a permanent thing but today - not too shabby a result. :)

Looked through last couple of pages here and can't see a post from Starlc - he posted on the Blades game though? :huh:

I believe we are free to post where we like and should feel free to comment on the other teams games - but to just go on their thread and not on your own smacks completely of wumming. Rant over :P

Edited by potlegs

Should have gone in 2 up at half time,Maguire wasted a great chance to increase the lead.

2nd half was chorltons,sub was left unmarked to slot home and then missed a sitter.

Fair result overall,but had Mag buried that chance ya feel it was 3 points in the bag as chorlton looked clueless as to how theyd break us down.We defended way too deep in that 2nd half and invited the pressure rather than making the ball do the work.

VERY dissapointed,2 points cobbed away,Drenthe had a superb game.

A line from a hymn sung in many churches at this time of year is "We feebly struggle, they in glory shine". It will, therefore, be Wednesday feebly struggling. 6-0 to Charlton.

:hihi::hihi::loopy:

:) bassett-boy where is CheekyBandit?

What were you saying about him going into hiding.:) Owl.

Currently in Bangkok - those from here who know me in the flesh can confirm this as last night I was not where I normally found on Tuesday evenings (it is 6am here). I had to do last minute packing before my Saturday night trip to the airport. Had we won it would have been the same. Besides Wednesday were lucky to get a point.

Edited by CheekyBandit

Currently in Bangkok - those from here who know me in the flesh can confirm this as last night I was not where I normally found on Tuesday evenings (it is 6am here). I had to do last minute packing before my Saturday night trip to the airport. Had we won it would have been the same. Besides Wednesday were lucky to get a point.

Are you staying in Bangkok or travelling to the coast after?