Sheffield Estate agents

sorry Tony just trying to help people :) Caron

I understand that CaronP but you can do it without contantly mentioning your business - others manage. :thumbsup:

Could anyone on the forum recommend a decent ,honest firm of Estate Agents in Sheffield to deal with.

Are you buying or selling?

When we sold our old house, we used Archers Estate Agent, they don't sell too many houses but they take extra care of the ones they do sell and have more time on their hands to help you look for and sell you house.

Good Luck!

When we sold and moved last year, we used Halifax in Hillsborough (office on Middlewood Road). They were attrocious. They got everything wrong, never listened to a word you said and got a large fee for doing b***er all. I wrote and complained to their Head Office but got nowhere.

I've dealt with Haybrooks, Blundells and Winkworths among others. They are all what I would call decent and honest. They either sold my house or helped me buy a house. The service may have been a little poor compared with what I would expect but at the end of the day everything was honest and above board.

PS Bad experience with Halifax. We had an offer accepted by a vendor on one property and when we rang for an update a couple of weeks later the reply was Oh, sorry, they've decided not to sell, which was nice.

Originally posted by Caronp

dont use an estate agent :)

Why not Caronp? They provide a very useful service and low cost for people in coordinating house sales purchases and moves.

Originally posted by Tony

Why not Caronp? They provide a very useful service and low cost for people in coordinating house sales purchases and moves.

With all respect Tony, they can't force people to do what they don't want to do. For example if you buy a house and the vendor can't move for 4 months because they have nowhere what can the agent do? Their co-ordination might be better founded in their own offices to start with!

In that case discussions between you and the vendor are best without the use of the agent (who isn't working for you anyway as the buyer). They DO however have an interest in getting the house sold to earn their commission, but I would recommend having a good Solicitor on your side to help, and always keeping the vendor informed yourself and doing everything in writing.

PS. just to add I am not affiliated with 2Roost, or any other agent!

I just see the leg work being done by the client most times anyway.

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

With all respect Tony, they can't force people to do what they don't want to do. For example if you buy a house and the vendor can't move for 4 months because they have nowhere what can the agent do? Their co-ordination might be better founded in their own offices to start with!

In that case discussions between you and the vendor are best without the use of the agent (who isn't working for you anyway as the buyer). They DO however have an interest in getting the house sold to earn their commission, but I would recommend having a good Solicitor on your side to help, and always keeping the vendor informed yourself and doing everything in writing.

PS. just to add I am not affiliated with 2Roost, or any other agent!

I just see the leg work being done by the client most times anyway.

If they can't move for 4 months then you can't do nothing anyway..estate agent or not. The vendor would only tell you the same.

As for trying to sell the house to earn commision..well course they do. They have to make money to be a viable business. Why are we so suprised they want to make as much money as they can??

Personally if you weren't going to use an estate agent I don't see what you are going to gain from using another style company. You may as well go the whole hog and advertise yourself and totally cut out the middle man altogether.

I have yet to come across a decent and honest estate agent! Good luck with it all, cos u gona need it!!