Tramlines 2015.

Does anyone know whether there are multiple entrances to the Ponderosa for Tramlines, or just one? And is it at the bottom opposite the back of Tesco, or at the top? Thanks!

Some ticket news from the Tramlines Facebook page:

Good news! We have made a VERY limited number of all day tickets available at the Sheffield City Hall Wristband Exchange & Ponderosa Main Stage box office today. (Friday / Saturday / Sunday tickets).

These are priced at £28. Come and get em (they won't last long).

Opening times & ALL info you need is here >>> http://www.tramlines.org.uk/information

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 12:28 ----------

Does anyone know whether there are multiple entrances to the Ponderosa for Tramlines, or just one? And is it at the bottom opposite the back of Tesco, or at the top? Thanks!

Just once entrance. More towards the top, its basically behind the houses that are next to Netherthorpe Road tram stop.

Note however if you are using the tram, whilst Netherthorpe Rd is the best stop to arrive at, this stop will be closed at main stage kicking out time for safety reasons so you should walk down the hill to Shalesmoor tram stop instead.

Edited by Andy C

Just once entrance. More towards the top, its basically behind the houses that are next to Netherthorpe Road tram stop.

Oh, really?! I didn't know it was there! Thanks - rethinking transport options!

De La Soul are far superior to Wu Tang Clan anyway!

Great job by the organizers

I agree. Must have been really bad for them yesterday. Great that they didn't just put the 2nd on the bill up to headliner as other festivals have done in the past.

Especially as most of the tickets are sold already.

Would have been really easy to just blame Wu-Tang and do nothing.

Oh, really?! I didn't know it was there! Thanks - rethinking transport options!

Tramlines people have made a video showing how to get there..

The better option is to get off the tram at Tesco & walk through. You then come out at the Philadelphia pub - call in for a drink then continue to the gates further up.

Tramlines people have made a video showing how to get there..

Ah I saw that - it's fab! Doesnt show where the actual entrance is though. I need to drive and park somewhere, so knowing which dark roads I need to walk round when it finishes is useful. I can't find any information about the entrance anywhere on the Tramlines website or Facebook page.

x

Mobb Deep AND De La Soul to replace Wu Tang Clan. Awesome replacements.

The official app (I believe I posted it on page 3??) has all free official fringe events listed by time order (not venue)

Ah I saw that - it's fab! Doesnt show where the actual entrance is though. I need to drive and park somewhere, so knowing which dark roads I need to walk round when it finishes is useful. I can't find any information about the entrance anywhere on the Tramlines website or Facebook page.

x

I think the exit is positioned at Bellefield Street/Hammond Street, the entrance being slightly further up. I could be wrong though.

The organisers are trying to encourage use of public transport and there will be parking restrictions and road closures locally (may be better parking in the Shalesmoor/Kelham area and walking up). Don't forget there are park & ride facilities at the tram stops at Middlewood, Meadowhall, Nunnery Square and Malin Bridge.

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 13:36 ----------

SUPERTRAM PARK & RIDE

Nunnery Square (off Parkway) and Middlewood:

trams every 10-20 minutes

Park & Ride inclusive ticket offering unlimited tram# travel on the day £4.50

Special offers: Friday night special £2.50 after 6pm, family ticket £4.50; Weekend special Sat/Sun family ticket £6.50.

Tickets from self service machine in car park.

Meadowhall Interchange

trams every 10-20 minutes

free car parking

All day tram* ticket from conductor £3.90 adult, £2 child, £9 family

Malin Bridge

trams every 5-20 minutes

car parking £1

tram fare to Shalesmoor/University £1.50 single, tram fare to City and beyond £2.20 single. All day tram* ticket £3.90 adult, £2 child, £9 family. Buy tram ticket from conductor.

* Dayrider ticket also includes Stagecoach buses. # Park & Ride ticket tram only.

Edited by Andy C

The official app (I believe I posted it on page 3??) has all free official fringe events listed by time order (not venue)

yep, but only the official fringe events. There are unofficial ones as well (or those where they didn't get line-ups to them in time.)