Tramlines 2015.

Just out of interest Andy (and I am not having a go at the organisers of Tramlines here) What security staff are provided at Tramlines? It's a shame that our over stretched constabulary have more pressure on them to deal with such incidents. Just so you know, I blame the people running across the dual carriageway entirely, not Tramlines! :)

There was plenty of crowd control stewards from Showsec employed supplemented by more customer service orientated Oxfam volunteers, it was more problems with the Tramlines events plan expecting everyone to want to walk the designated routes either to University or Shalesmoor being unrealistic.

Its a learning curve - first time at Ponderosa - should be better next year with lessons learnt. I'm sure both SY Police and Supertram will be feeding back to Tramlines organisers about what happened.

Sunday night went much smoother than Saturday.

Edited by Andy C

Depends on if you support your local team or not.

support them or not the price is the same.

Edited by scargill

reading about the review on perfectparaqchute picture would they be ideal for a festival like lowedges and how do you contact them,went to see steel city rhythm and they were good and booked them,also booked bongo and the soul jars,how were they as I missed them at the peace garden stage thanks

Gargh really mixed emotions from this weekend!

The main stage was shockingly organised and yes it was the first year but they really need to buck their ideas up for next year.

We queued for over an hour to get into the mainstage, then queue for another 45 minutes for the toilets (with the Mrs, the gents weren’t "too" bad!) why so few?!?!

Then gave up queuing for a beer after waiting almost 30 minutes again, The Ipad payment system was awful, whoever served us didn’t know what they were selling - no information up anywhere for prices or what they had, *****heads buying twelve pints at a time then fighting to get away from the bars! pretty awful. Also and this is a harsh criticism but Basement Jaxx were so quiet! I know its a residential area and they had a strict curfew but, I wanna hear a band like that, I mean really hear them!

The atmosphere in town was amazing, floated around and saw a good few bands and it was great to see town so full - maybe i was lucky but didn’t see any trouble just people and families enjoying themselves - great to see!

Was a bit disappointed with Corp - went to see a band their and they said they're not part of tramlines, so charged us a fiver to get in - seemed a bit cheeky as I had a full weekend wristband!

Overall i had a great time, but the mainstage was a bit of a drag and they seemed to of saturated the place - Maybe they should be different tickets for different areas, just to control the numbers better?

I dunno, but overall - well done Sheffield, just try and get it a bit better next year.

My experience at the Main Stage was pretty awful. It was unclear where the main entrance was, and there was a queue of more than half an hour, that didn't appear to have anything to do with capacity and everything to do with the incredibly small number of staff doing bag checks - and pretty rudely at that.

Once in, the acoustics were awful. It was another half hour queue for the bar, where there was a poor selection of over-priced drinks and staff weren't quite sure what was still available.

Considering that this is now a paid festival, where were the toilets on West Street / Division Street / the town centre? Where was the signage directing people between venues? Where was the bar in / near the Peace Gardens? Where was the up-to-date info on venues / capacity?

It felt to me like once the Tramlines organisers had got my money, they didn't care at all about my experience and whilst it is difficult to deal with the sheer number of people, the basics - queue management, people movement, toilets, staffing - were handled incredibly badly.

And also - that app was terrible! They had a brilliant one a few years ago but the one this ear just simply couldnt cope with the information!

My experience at the Main Stage was pretty awful. It was unclear where the main entrance was, and there was a queue of more than half an hour, that didn't appear to have anything to do with capacity and everything to do with the incredibly small number of staff doing bag checks - and pretty rudely at that.

Once in, the acoustics were awful. It was another half hour queue for the bar, where there was a poor selection of over-priced drinks and staff weren't quite sure what was still available.

Considering that this is now a paid festival, where were the toilets on West Street / Division Street / the town centre? Where was the signage directing people between venues? Where was the bar in / near the Peace Gardens? Where was the up-to-date info on venues / capacity?

It felt to me like once the Tramlines organisers had got my money, they didn't care at all about my experience and whilst it is difficult to deal with the sheer number of people, the basics - queue management, people movement, toilets, staffing - were handled incredibly badly.

As a resident of the city centre I can tell you that the pavements will be the public lavatory for events like this. Its disgusting that people do their business in the streets in this manner!

I have been to a number of public forums for residents of the city centre, and one of the complaints is the foul smelling pavements after large events or a Friday/ Saturday night out. Some residents have seen people doing a number 2 . I have found syringes outside the back entrance door of our estate.

This is not the price people should pay for living in the city centre - reasonable noise pollution, yes; turds, urine and syringes no!

All the pubs along West Street and Division Street have toilets in them...

Yes, the pubs do have toilets in them - many of the pubs / bars were already closed by that time on Sunday. Those that weren't were pretty packed. And I spent a considerable amount of money in drinking establishments during the course of Tramlines. But I don't think, with a city-centre festival, you should be faced with the choice of using the street or going into a bar, buying another drink and using their facilities. Providing some basic toilet facilities for thousands of extra visitors in the town centre seems to be a pretty fundamental requirement of festival organisation.

reading about the review on perfectparaqchute picture would they be ideal for a festival like lowedges and how do you contact them,went to see steel city rhythm and they were good and booked them,also booked bongo and the soul jars,how were they as I missed them at the peace garden stage thanks

Err maybe. Their style isn't so much 'White Stripes' limited instrument rythyms, more grunge. Like Nirvana, only with just 2 people. The bassist plays like a lead with some heavy effect pedal and the drummer literally moved his kit off stage and played like a madman in the audience.

That said if you still think it suitable... tweet them @pppband You can check em out on Spotify as well. They have been going for a couple of years, but I had never seen em live before. Oh and let me know if they are coming as I'd like to see them again. :)

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 12:34 ----------

There was plenty of crowd control stewards from Showsec employed supplemented by more customer service orientated Oxfam volunteers, it was more problems with the Tramlines events plan expecting everyone to want to walk the designated routes either to University or Shalesmoor being unrealistic.

Its a learning curve - first time at Ponderosa - should be better next year with lessons learnt. I'm sure both SY Police and Supertram will be feeding back to Tramlines organisers about what happened.

Sunday night went much smoother than Saturday.

They also need to sort the trains out. I caught the second to last one home and good job I did. People were crammed on like a tube at rush hour. Was lucky to get on. Quite a few didn't. Presume they had to wait for the last train, but if that was anything similar then a few people wouldn't have made it.

Yes, the pubs do have toilets in them - many of the pubs / bars were already closed by that time on Sunday. Those that weren't were pretty packed. And I spent a considerable amount of money in drinking establishments during the course of Tramlines. But I don't think, with a city-centre festival, you should be faced with the choice of using the street or going into a bar, buying another drink and using their facilities. Providing some basic toilet facilities for thousands of extra visitors in the town centre seems to be a pretty fundamental requirement of festival organisation.

I must have been in 30 bars on Saturday and bought a drink in about 8 of them.

I just walked in, had a look what sort of music was on (if any) and if I heard something I liked I stopped for a drink (and occasionally a wee).

If not, I left and moved on to the next bar.

One or twice (gasp!), I may even have used the toilet without stopping and buying a drink.

I don't see a problem with that as I was supporting the festival and City Centre economy as a whole. If a couple of bars provided me with free toileting facilities, I don't think they'll be too badly out of pocket on the day.

Edited by Ted_B

support them or not the price is the same.

Yes but the price and whether its worth it is relative to what people enjoy/support etc