Tramlines 2015.

Can I just say, went to the ponderosa yesterday and queued well over an hour and half, despite them saying gates opened at 5pm. We werent let in until 15 minutes before ghostpoet hit the stage.

queues at the bar were ridiculous with various staff members refusing to serve because they couldnt use the iPads they were using for tills. Not all the beer was on, either, nor did the staff know what was available.

Very shocking.

Seems like it was even worse today, people were queueing right up the hill towards Brook Hill Roundabout, and more were arriving by the minute. Looks like it might have taken a lot longer to get in today, the act was starting before any of the queue had moved.

Can I just say, went to the ponderosa yesterday and queued well over an hour and half, despite them saying gates opened at 5pm. We werent let in until 15 minutes before ghostpoet hit the stage.

queues at the bar were ridiculous with various staff members refusing to serve because they couldnt use the iPads they were using for tills. Not all the beer was on, either, nor did the staff know what was available.

Very shocking.

Amazing that people pay for the privalidge of being treat that way...

The thing is, almost any festival has massive queues for everything. This (tramlines) started out as something pretty small, got about 4 times bigger this year and I'm sure there will be some lessons learned.

Not blindly defending the organisers, just not being knee-jerk reactionist blindly attacking either. A little perspective is perhaps needed.

That said, yeah, if there's another couple of years like this I'll happily be slating them with the rest of you. There does seem to be a good bit of folks being smug they didn't bother getting tickets/pass jumping on any complaints to validate their choice. If you want to specifically see a particular act, make an effort to do so the rest of the year. Festivals are generally about the thing as a whole, not just about seeing specific acts.

Constructive criticism: They need a bigger entry area (at least for peak times/start of day) and a couple more bar areas. Going cashless might be an option too for getting the bar sorted quickly (you have a token you charge with cash before, flash the token to pay, so the bar becomes "I'll have 4 X please" which are probably pre-pulled a few seconds before. You then just flash the token and walk away, it's a... 20 second transaction).

Edited by mercutiouk

Going cashless might be an option too for getting the bar sorted quickly (you have a token you charge with cash before, flash the token to pay, so the bar becomes "I'll have 4 X please" which are probably pre-pulled a few seconds before. You then just flash the token and walk away, it's a... 20 second transaction).

V festival does this. Cashless bar and pre-pulled pints, the service is really fast.

Rubbish now you have you pay to pay for main areas! Totally think its rubbish compared to 3yrd ago.

Guest sibon
Rubbish now you have you pay to pay for main areas! Totally think its rubbish compared to 3yrd ago.

Fancy having to pay for stuff.

What will they think of next?

The thing is, almost any festival has massive queues for everything. This (tramlines) started out as something pretty small, got about 4 times bigger this year and I'm sure there will be some lessons learned.

the thing is, theyre used to this with the last few years. there was no communication on why there was a delay in opening or even an apology.

i tweeted them multiple times and was ignored. really how hard is it to send a message saying gate openings were delayed because of XYZ? I can understand if they said sorry, but they never did. Communication was seriously lacking

Fancy having to pay for stuff.

What will they think of next?

I dont think the amount warrants who is there. Its all relative.

V festival does this. Cashless bar and pre-pulled pints, the service is really fast.

Aye, download had it this year too. Works rather well. (So long as the venue doesn't then want to charge £7 a pint at least).

Ive been a full time event manager for over 10 years and I have to say the organisation down at ponderosa was appallingly. They should be embarrassed. Not enough toilets, bars, entrances or exits. Basic essentials.

Considering that's the exact mistakes that have been made at that venue for festivals the last few years it should have been an easy lesson to learn from. No excuses, pure greed

I dont think the amount warrants who is there. Its all relative.

And who would you expect to see for 30 quid for the weekend? The Rolling Stones? Considering a gig ticket for a mid sized touring band is at least £20, I think its pretty good value. I spent a few hours at the main stage to see Martha reeves and basement jaxx ( and walked straight in about 6) and didn't think the queues were any worse than similar festivals. And there was a lot more to the festival than being penned in between the burger vans, there were tens of venues all over the city with good and varied stuff on

Ive been a full time event manager for over 10 years and I have to say the organisation down at ponderosa was appallingly. They should be embarrassed. Not enough toilets, bars, entrances or exits. Basic essentials.

Considering that's the exact mistakes that have been made at that venue for festivals the last few years it should have been an easy lesson to learn from. No excuses, pure greed

There were certainly problems with stewarding on exit at the end of the night, Police had to take over at Netherthorpe Road with people not following the signposted safe walking route and ending up scrambling up embankments and running across the dual carriageway and walking over the tram tracks.

Other than that though all seems to have been good, more today, at wristband venues and free venues including pubs, the busker tram is out again this afternoon departing the rail station on the hour from 2pm to 7pm, £3 for a day ticket within the Tramlines festival area or £3.90 for a Dayrider for the full tram network (and Stagecoach buses in Sheffield).

Edited by Andy C