Brain tumour 5 year old taken by parents

An arrest warrant has now been issued for the parents.

Good find moonbird.

I think the poop is about to hit the fan.

Edited by ronthenekred

Its made a few people who posted on this thread look a bit silly!

Yeah, that's really important if you have a "I'm always right" obsession.

People make observations based on information as it is or incoming, that changes with time, as do the opinions or observations.

We are obsessed in this country of keeping people alive regardless of their quality of life.

Would that include the dad? He seems to want him alive, or are you suggesting the boys life isn't worth the obsession? Seems to me like consultants in this case are playing beyond and outside their professional parameters.

How come the police are happy to spread this all over the world wide interweb and have interpol searching the whole of Europe for a family who took their child from a hospital....but girls get raped in Rotherham and they don't give a toss. Where is the world wide interpol search for rapist Rotherham taxi drivers?

Loving family trying to cope with terminal ill child - whole media and police frenzy to find them. 1400 abuse cases in Rotherham.....No pictures of abusers made public...why?

Yes, very robust response by Hampshire police. PR exercise? :suspect:

If the child had needed a life saving blood transfusion and the parents had refused, the hospital would have applied for him to be made a Ward of Court. This is almost always granted. Put yourself in their shoes, parents of a terminally ill child, what would you do? If you have never been in that situation, I don`t think you can pass judgement on them.

If parents refuse treatment that could be life saving based purely on religious grounds, then myself and everyone else has a right to pass judgement.

Theyve been found in Spain,

A five-year-old boy with a brain tumour who was removed from a UK hospital by his parents has been found in Spain.

Ashya King was taken to a hospital in Malaga and his parents arrested, Hampshire police said.

His father Brett King defended his actions in a video posted on YouTube, saying the family were seeking a treatment Ashya had not been offered.

From...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29001388

Here is the Youtube video put on by Ashya's Father explaining why he has taken the course of action that he did and what he is trying to achieve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ETQn9ZPwk

This answers a lot of questions! I hope the parents get what they want and raise the money needed!

Good news now regarding this lad, but one things bugs me!

He was taken from the hospital at 1400 hrs but they didn't inform the police until 2000 hrs (according to, reports).

Is hospital security that bad?

As I said on the BBC Breakfast page there seems to be something wrong with the authorities/ police force that pursues and arrest a family trying to do the best for their son where as the McCanns, who neglected their kids on a regular basis, get off with slapped hands. I know who I have sympathy for.

Good news now regarding this lad, but one things bugs me!

He was taken from the hospital at 1400 hrs but they didn't inform the police until 2000 hrs (according to, reports).

Is hospital security that bad?

The parents were allowed to take him. They didn't steal or kidnap him, they had been allowed to take him out but just didn't bring him back. The hospital isn't a prison and I really don't see why they involved the police when no crime had been committed.