Brain tumour 5 year old taken by parents

As said previously, you couldn't understand without being in that position so don't even try to think you could work it out. An accident is a catalogue of errors, what is it called when done by multiple agencies?

This tragic case didn't involve a hospital trying to stop a family spending their last days together, it was a child being removed in the middle of treatment, with vital equipment being used to treat the child still in situ, and that equipment had a limited battery life.

The hospital had a legal duty of care towards this poor child and it had to do all it could in it's power to make sure that the child was safe.

As said previously, you couldn't understand without being in that position so don't even try to think you could work it out. An accident is a catalogue of errors, what is it called when done by multiple agencies?

Why do you think there was a 'catalogue of errors' and (I repeat) 'wrong reactions'?

This tragic case didn't involve a hospital trying to stop a family spending their last days together, it was a child being removed in the middle of treatment, with vital equipment being used to treat the child still in situ, and that equipment had a limited battery life.

The hospital had a legal duty of care towards this poor child and it had to do all it could in it's power to make sure that the child was safe.

Well it seemed to be working alright when the dad posted the youtube video and Hampshire police aren't in Malaga with an emergency replacement battery, just an extradition warrant.

Why do they even need to be extradited now? Wasn't the whole point of the Europe wide search and media storm to protect the child? Now it seems he wasn't in danger and he isn't now in danger (although no doubt he'll be distressed at being separated from his family).

Handcuffs, nights in a prison cell, extradition proceedings and yet still no indication that a crime has been committed.

Pity extadition proceedings against all those living on the Costa Del Crime aren't so swift.

Edited by taxman

Well it seemed to be working alright when the dad posted the youtube video and Hampshire police aren't in Malaga with an emergency replacement battery, just an extradition warrant.

Why do they even need to be extradited now? Wasn't the whole point of the Europe wide search and media storm to protect the child? Now it seems he wasn't in danger and he isn't now in danger (although no doubt he'll be distressed at being separated from his family).

Handcuffs, nights in a prison cell, extradition proceedings and yet still no indication that a crime has been committed.

Pity extadition proceedings against all those living on the Costa Del Crime are so swift.

How do you know this without access to his medical history and plan of care ?

Pity extadition proceedings against all those living on the Costa Del Crime are so swift.

Yes the equipment does seem to be working, but you cannot expect the hospital to assume that everything would have worked out ok when the child from the ward in the middle of treatment. A legal duty of care just doesn't work that way I'm afraid.

The battery is actually part of the unit, a bit like an iPhones battery, so replacing it isn't easy, and the hospital did not know if the family would have been in a situation to keep the piece of equipment plugged in.

I don't want to get into this but I would just like to say that it makes my blood boil the way these parents have been treated.

I don't want to get into this but I would just like to say that it makes my blood boil the way these parents have been treated.

It's more the way the child has been treated which is alarming. He's 5 years old, he is alone in a Spanish hospital without any of his family. How frightening must that be? The parents pose no threat to society at large - why can one of them not be allowed to be with him?

It's more the way the child has been treated which is alarming. He's 5 years old, he is alone in a Spanish hospital without any of his family. How frightening must that be? The parents pose no threat to society at large - why can one of them not be allowed to be with him?

I agree. The parents should be with the child, not locked up for trying to get the best health care for their son

Edited by kidneystone
spelling mistake

No it doesn't ! What a silly thing to say.

Have you actually bothered to read ANY of this thread or researched the story in any way ?:rolleyes:

We have only the fathers side of the story naturally full of emotion but biased. The Consultant oncologist and neurosurgeon who were treating the boy in Southampton have all the facts but will unable to speak openly because of patient confidentiality. Until they are able to do so no one is in a position to criticise their actions.

As a parent I understand why the parents did what they did but the medical people have a duty of care and if they believe that the parents actions will impact on the childs welfare in a bad way they HAVE to act - they have no choice.

Yes and yes.

Impact upon him worse than being left to die? Thats a pretty big impact

Another triumph from British Public sector workers right here

How do you know this without access to his medical history and plan of care ?

Well he's been moved from a high dependency ward onto a general one, albeit with police guard, so the Spanish doctors obviously don't see his condition as worsening or critical.

Of course being separated from his parents and siblings can't be doing him much good emotionally.

Problem is; everyone has a 'duty of care'; which means they're acting out of a motivation to cover their own asses (legally), and not acting out of actual genuine 'care' for the boy.

The parents are ordered to be remanded in prison

His eldest brother Danny King, 23, told the BBC he will be allowed to visit him on Monday afternoon.

He said until now the five-year-old's siblings have not been allowed to visit him in his private room in Malaga, which is under police guard. Overkill much.