The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Why haven’t you ever commented on that in the Conservative Party thread then?

Ask me in the Conservative Party thread and I am more than happy to type out the exact same answer that I gave here. Would that satisfy you? I'm not going to randomly bring up something that nobody was talking about, but if personally asked, I am more than happy to say 'I'm sure it was, yes' again.... 

Now, is there is a reason why you're desperately trying to avoid answering my question? It sounds like you don't know the answer. 

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Ask me in the Conservative Party thread and I am more than happy to type out the exact same answer that I gave here. Would that satisfy you? I'm not going to randomly bring up something that nobody was talking about, but if personally asked, I am more than happy to say 'I'm sure it was, yes' again.... 

Now, is there is a reason why you're desperately trying to avoid answering my question? It sounds like you don't know the answer. 

I’ve answered your question.

Just now, Mister Gee said:

I’ve answered your question.

Sorry I may have missed that. So where is Labour getting the money from? The existing budgets? 

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ve noticed that £19 doesn’t cover evenings or weekends?

I think you may be getting confused with the phone package as the £19 covers broadband 24/7.

Just now, apelike said:I think you may be getting confused with the phone package as the £19 covers broadband 24/7.

You’re clearly not very observant.

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You’re clearly not very observant.

About what prey tell?

6 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Sorry I may have missed that. So where is Labour getting the money from? The existing budgets? 

Well that doesn’t come as a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Well that doesn’t come as a surprise. 

I'll let everyone else who may be reading the thread decide who is the one dodging questions, trying to change the subject, or just using good old personal attacks instead. I'm not interested in getting drawn into useless name calling. 

18 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I'll let everyone else who may be reading the thread decide who is the one dodging questions, trying to change the subject, or just using good old personal attacks instead. I'm not interested in getting drawn into useless name calling. 

The money will come from taxing the big companies as I've already said. You say it won't be enough, how do you know? At this stage I haven't seen enough to make that assumption.

There are also Corbyn's  National banks which they haven't said much about yet but are meant to pay for infrastructure. The Conservatives managed to magic up £350 billion to prop up the banks without too much trouble which basically went straight into the pockets of the rich. 

This is for the benefit of the people.

Edited by Anna B

IMHO I think Labour are daft to consider free broadband for all as there is no reason to do that. They would gain more favour by simply scrapping the TV licence fee which would also be cheaper, easier to do and benefit more people.

This BT/free internet idea is just ridiculous.

I do not know a single person who can not get access to the internet whether its with broadband or on their phone.

Apparently only 7% of uk households in the UK do not have access to the internet and would guess much less than half of that number is due to financial reasons.

Many people get broadband as packages with their tv or other media services.

Broadband and mobile 4G has to be one of the most competitive markets out there you can now get sim only with decent data for less than a tenner a month,

With all the areas that already need extra funding incredible that Corbyn wants to spend it on this and the idea that extra taxes will cover it well why not just tax them more and give it to the NHS?

And all thats before the issues with the state running a service like this, their track record of running even low tech business is not exactly good and the only place this has been tried Australia it was a disaster.

Edited by Fudbeer

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

IMHO I think Labour are daft to consider free broadband for all as there is no reason to do that. They would gain more favour by simply scrapping the TV licence fee which would also be cheaper, easier to do and benefit more people.

Apart from our lack of efficient Broadband holding us back, I think the Labour party are canny enough to know that future defence is not all about nuclear weapons, but also defending us from cyber attacks which can cripple us. Maybe they think it's wise to be prepared by keeping hold of and defending some infrastructure that can help keep essential things running.