The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

So Watson has had donations from someone associated with a Jewish organisation and suddenly he's a puppet of Israel.

But when we all pointed out Corbyn having enormous donations from various unions during his leadership bid and called him a puppet of the unions we were told we were wrong.

There's talk of Watson being ready to step in to replace Corbyn. So no wonder he's now getting muck thrown at him. Same with John McDonnell.

sort of related, is this anti-semitism? or is it ok to speak out against Israels actions if you are jewish?

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-u-s-jewish-activist-simone-zimmerman-held-at-israeli-border-1.6343160

and why is it anti-semitism if you arent a jew?

A Jew can critique Israel as hard and as much as they like. Is it a bit like black people using the n word but white people can't? I don't know.

sort of related, is this anti-semitism? or is it ok to speak out against Israels actions if you are jewish?

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-u-s-jewish-activist-simone-zimmerman-held-at-israeli-border-1.6343160

and why is it anti-semitism if you arent a jew?

There is nothing wrong in criticising Israel if you believe they deserve to be. I don't believe it's anti- semitic to criticise Israel for some of their actions. But it's anti-Semitic to only blame the Jews for the problems which seems to be the lefts agenda.

But it's anti-Semitic to only blame the Jews for the problems which seems to be the lefts agenda.

You seem to be conflating the state of Israel with 'the Jews'.

Was that a mistake or deliberate?

Why are so many Corbynites pushing the hashtag #ResignWatson and hounding Tom Watson constantly over these past couple of days?

You seem to be conflating the state of Israel with 'the Jews'.

Was that a mistake or deliberate?

I'm not conflating anything. Israel are not the Jews and the Jews are not Israel. I said nothing wrong in criticising Israel some of their actions but attacking Jews and blaming them for being Jews is anti- Semitic.

Why are so many Corbynites pushing the hashtag #ResignWatson and hounding Tom Watson constantly over these past couple of days?

Apparently Watson is a Tory stooge, who knew! He’s been deep undercover for so long - very impressive!

but attacking Jews and blaming them for being Jews is anti- Semitic.

And who exactly is doing that?

And who exactly is doing that?

Read some of the comments by others who seem to be extremely bothered about Jews contributing to Labour MP's yet nothing about other contributors.

Read some of the comments by others who seem to be extremely bothered about Jews contributing to Labour MP's yet nothing about other contributors.

And you are doing it again!

You are conflating Jews with supporters of the state of Israel.

I take it you mean 'organisations who support the state of Israel' contributing to Labour MPs, not 'Jews'?

Edited by Top Cats Hat

There is nothing wrong in criticising Israel if you believe they deserve to be. I don't believe it's anti- semitic to criticise Israel for some of their actions. But it's anti-Semitic to only blame the Jews for the problems which seems to be the lefts agenda.

the trouble is "most" of the current anti-semetic problems lie with the list of anti-semetic definitions, 3 or 4 of these are nothing to do with being jewish, they are to do with Israel and their actions or foreign policy, this is to shut down debate on Israels actions, NOT because they are jewish

And you are doing it again!

You are conflating Jews with supporters of the state of Israel.

I take it you mean 'organisations who support the state of Israel' contributing to Labour MPs, not 'Jews'?

in my response to your post I neither mentioned Israel or organisations who support them. I asked you to read some other posts in which the writers seem to have problems with donations from Jews but not other donators. In what way is that conflating Jews with supporting Israel ?