Parking outside my own house

Hi

I have a garage and every day I cannot park in there as someone blocks it . There is huge sign stati9ng no parking 24 hour access required. What can I do when someone parks so far i have taken photos is it the police or council?

I cant park on the street either as people who commute to city park for free and so residents cannot park. I am the only resident withiut a front drive mine is at the back and blocked.

thansk

Council, they have a team who can go out and check your reports.

Hi

I have a garage and every day I cannot park in there as someone blocks it . There is huge sign stati9ng no parking 24 hour access required. What can I do when someone parks so far i have taken photos is it the police or council?

I cant park on the street either as people who commute to city park for free and so residents cannot park. I am the only resident withiut a front drive mine is at the back and blocked.

thansk

Unless there is a waiting restruction (ie a yellow line) protecting your drive, you need to call the Police, as only they can enforce obstruction.

Council can only enforce if there is a waitingrestriction like a yellow line.

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 12:52 ----------

Council, they have a team who can go out and check your reports.

No, it isn't. See my reply above.

If your vehicle is unable to get out it is an obstruction and police can deal, however don't expect a rapid response as it wouldn't be on high on the list of priorities.

Unfortunately if you cannot get your car in to your garage due to cars obstructing the entrance then it would not be a police matter.

So to summarise.

Can't get out..police

Can't get in...you are on your own.

If it's the same person parking I would put a polite notice on their window if not then I really would make sure the sign is clear . I know there are ignorant people out there but most people would park in front of a driveway .

may be a silly question, but is it a dropped kerb?

Yes it is a dropped kerb from what i gather

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 13:44 ----------

So if I want i can park outside a no parking sign (no yellow lines) and there is nothing nobody can do about it?

Think it is time to write to Paul bloomfield local councillor!

had the same,police only gave the car a parking ticket,said it wasnt stollen so nothing they could do,by some strange chance all the tyres went flat,never blocked again................

Like Monkey said if they're blocking you in then it's an offence, if they're blocking you from getting in then it's not an offence.

My advice would be to go find some traffic cones and put them in front of your drive.

If they proceed to move then and continue to park in front of your drive, then take 'action'.

Anyone can put up a no parking sign. It doesn't have an legal standing unless it's an official no parking sign in accordance with council and legal guidelines etc.

Yes it is a dropped kerb from what i gather

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 13:44 ----------

So if I want i can park outside a no parking sign (no yellow lines) and there is nothing nobody can do about it?

Think it is time to write to Paul bloomfield local councillor!

If its a Dropped Kerb, it is illegal to park there anytime, ring the police

do as the same as another person does, they put a cone out and place a brick on top of it so if the person in a car tries to run it over or push it out of the way they damage their own car. its on a road near the northern general hospital, near some flats and its been there since they started to charge for parking at the Hospital. and i can say it works, the space is always clear....;);)