Parking outside my own house

I'd like to see the legislation instead of a thread on a different forum.

The last time I looked it up, blocking a car in was an offence, but blocking one out was not.

The one i refer to in Chesterfield, is for i presume wheelchairs to come on and off the footpath and there are cars with tickets on there windscreen every day

I'm told that if you are the cause of the local youths believing that the driver of said vehicle is a pedophile and if they damage said vehicle because of that, if it can be proven that you were responsible for the dissemination of this misinformation you may be prosecuted and might have to compensate the owner for any damage and/or losses incurred that are resultant of said damage.

Though I have no idea what you would be charged with it would probably be something related to defamation.

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/right-of-free-expression/defamation/defamation-elements-of-a-claim.html

I would like to stress that I am pointing out the possible consequences of doing this and I am not suggesting that you resort to this course of action.

I'd like to see the legislation instead of a thread on a different forum.

The last time I looked it up, blocking a car in was an offence, but blocking one out was not.

Here you are Cyclone by all accounts its not a Police matter.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tpm/tmaportal/tmafeatures/tmapart6/secparkingfactsheets/parkingonpavements

Stick a polite notice on his windscreen, preferably with that funny glue that won't come off.

Say that, next time, you will use a trolley jack to move him out of the way, and do your best not to scratch his car..............

Preventing access to the highway is considered to be obstruction though, which is a police matter.

I can confirm that the police will do something about it anyway.

I used to get blocked in/out a few times a year and the police were pretty helpful so long as they weren't too busy.

I thought you could not block someone in but can block someone out.

However surely this cannot be the case with parking in fromt of a garage as you cannot tell if there is car in the garage when you park!!

Preventing access to the highway is considered to be obstruction though, which is a police matter.

I can confirm that the police will do something about it anyway.

I used to get blocked in/out a few times a year and the police were pretty helpful so long as they weren't too busy.

The police dont do parking anymore its done by the council, the police only get involved when the law is broken ie like you say obstruction. parking on a dropped kerb is a parking fine done by the counsel. But if you cannot get out of your drive it is a police matter its obstruction, but just parking on a dropped kerb the council will do you for parking in a prohibited place, as stated above Chesterfield council do it every day.

Where I work there is a dropped kerb, people kept parking over it despite it been an entrance for over 20 cars that park there! It's got quite a few signs politely asking people not to park there. Funny though people don't do it twice lol. Funny what a notice put under the window wipers can do!

Stick a polite notice on his windscreen, preferably with that funny glue that won't come off.

There are issues with doing this as you're obscuring the driver's view etc. The driver's window though should be fair game.

However surely this cannot be the case with parking in fromt of a garage as you cannot tell if there is car in the garage when you park!!

So if you told the police your car is in the garage would they check after moving the obstructed vehicle out of the way?

There are issues with doing this as you're obscuring the driver's view etc. The driver's window though should be fair game.

So if you told the police your car is in the garage would they check after moving the obstructed vehicle out of the way?

I am thinking from the perpetrators point of view. Why block access to someone's garage? They do not know if the car is in there or not.