Leeds Teacher Stabbed to Death

errrrrrm :suspect::huh::loopy::help::confused:

Hey, I know these icons have their place, but I much prefer to communicate in the good old English language. ....So if you've something coherent to say, why not give it a try, you might surprise yourself (though I doubt it ;)

The sick little monster has been sentenced today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29879865

Will Cornick stabbed Mrs Maguire, 61, in the neck and chased her from a room at Corpus Christi Catholic College, then sat down and said "good times".

The judge, ordering Cornick to serve a minimum of 20 years, said he had shown a "chilling lack of remorse".

Mrs Maguire's family said it was "looking to the future with a fragile hope".

At Leeds Crown Court earlier, the teenager stood in the dock flanked by two prison officers as the clerk read out the charge.

He looked straight ahead and showed no emotion as he admitted murdering Mrs Maguire. The Spanish teacher suffered seven stab wounds to her back and neck.

Mr Justice Coulson said it was "quite possible" Cornick would never be released.

We can only hope he's kept behind bars for the rest of his life :(

The sick little monster has been sentenced today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29879865

We can only hope he's kept behind bars for the rest of his life :(

Sadly he could still be out before he's 40. That said, from the snippets I've read from the bbc website I reckon he's more suited to somewhere like rampton. He sounds nuts.

Feel for his parents though (who will really have it to go through it now he's been named).

I do hope he's detained indefinitely for public safety.

from the various reports and interviews there was very little outward sign he was going to stab his teacher to death, you can't have someone like that loose in public, ever.

I do hope he's detained indefinitely for public safety.

from the various reports and interviews there was very little outward sign he was going to stab his teacher to death, you can't have someone like that loose in public, ever.

He did tell people he was going to do it,did he need to spell it out to people?,oh wait....he did that also on Facebook.

People obviously didn't take his threats serious enough,but there was certainly signs that he had a serious disliking towards Ann Maguire.

Sadly he could still be out before he's 40. That said, from the snippets I've read from the bbc website I reckon he's more suited to somewhere like rampton. He sounds nuts.

Feel for his parents though (who will really have it to go through it now he's been named).

Agree - seems psychopathic from what I've read - surprised he got a prison sentence at all

The boy has shown no remorse or emotion. Its chilling to hear that he planned the murder. He must be seriously disturbed, yet a psychiatrist Dr Kent has said he found no evidence of a psychotic or psychiatric illness.

Ann Maguire who had taught at the school for forty years and was due to retire, was so popular and loved by other pupils. Could she possibly have sensed something disturbing in this boy that she was unable to fully comprehend or recognise. This is me just surmising, but it does make you wonder?

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 19:04 ----------

This is a real shock....My two cousins attended that school.
When I lived in Leeds I had a friend who was a pupil at the school, she will now be in her mid fifties, so it will before Mrs Maguire's time. The school had a very good reputation.

Poor kids who witnessed it, they'll be scarred for life

Edited by Mecky

Pitifully short sentence, the justice system in this country makes me sick.

The boy said he wanted to go to prison so he did not have to deal with life or money, apparently feeling thwarted as his diabetes prevented him from a career in the army - so he took a woman's life. He also expressed a desire to murder a younger pregnant teacher - to kill her unborn child. A very dangerous young person.

Guest sibon
Pitifully short sentence, the justice system in this country makes me sick.

How much longer than "life and you may never be released" were you hoping for?