Man on trial in US courtroom shot and killed

that's why I brought it up originally, yeah he's a violent felon, yeah he's attacking somebody with a "weapon" but 6 times? 3 while he's on the floor? surely one in the legs gonna make him easier to subdue?

Or just interpose a couple of big security guards who would have something like a nightstick....

Why the first resort in the US is to reach for a firearm I have no idea.....

There we have it folks. A (possibly mentally ill) woman being wrestled to the floor and subdued is, in Harleyworld, 'great entertainment.'

Your saintly presence was sorely needed at the scene fishy but alas even you cannot be everywhere :hihi: :hihi:

Your saintly presence was sorely needed at the scene fishy but alas even you cannot be everywhere :hihi: :hihi:

I'm not a saint, but hey, at least I don't get my kicks from violence towards women.

Or just interpose a couple of big security guards who would have something like a nightstick....

Why the first resort in the US is to reach for a firearm I have no idea.....

It's easy to pass judgement and play Monday morning quarterback when you werent there.

It's also too easy to judge police in general as trigger happy thugs (as one or two others have stated).

Anyone who has been inside the main precinct police building in any major US city will see a memorial to fallen police officers in the building lobbies. There are many names on these memorials. Police work in this country is a far more dangerous occupation than in any European country and always has been.

Even my peaceful little town lost it's first officer several years ago when he was killed stopping two armed thugs beating a supermarket cashier with the handle of a revolver during the course of an attempted robbery

---------- Post added 25-04-2014 at 15:43 ----------

I'm not a saint, but hey, at least I don't get my kicks from violence towards women.

She was asked to leave the buidlding after using threatening language while talking with one of the employees. She refused and resisted the security guard when he asked her a second time. She was also carrying a plastic bag with something in it. She wasnt homeless, too well dressed and physically cared for. The room was full of people and again she had a plastic bag containing objects of some sort. The guard had an obligation to ensure the safety of the others in the room first and foremost and that's what he did or attempted to do.

The fact that the person was a woman is irrelevent. I found it funny that a great big strapping fellow like him had such a job restraining her when a female police officer, half his size managed to tame her down with just a few words.

She was obviously also a racist judging from her language directed at the guard. Maybe that had something to do with her unreasonable behaviour

Edited by Harleyman

Anyone who has been inside the main precinct police building in any major US city will see a memorial to fallen police officers in the building lobbies. There are many names on these memorials.

How many of them put there by biro wielding criminals?

How many of them put there by biro wielding criminals?

You could get the business end of a biro rammed hard into your gut or one of your eyes and change your opinion very quickly. You dont know who the attacker was or what he was capable of. Someone mentioned he was a Crips gang banger.

How he was allowed to have a biro in his possession is something of a mystery. It's the job of his defence counsel to use one to write notes Usually a bad ass like a Crips gang member is fitted with restrainers attached to his legs. A bit of lax security on the part of the court it apperas

You could get the business end of a biro rammed hard into your gut or one of your eyes and change your opinion very quickly. You dont know who the attacker was or what he was capable of. Someone mentioned he was a Crips gang banger.

How he was allowed to have a biro in his possession is something of a mystery. It's the job of his defence counsel to use one to write notes Usually a bad ass like a Crips gang member is fitted with restrainers attached to his legs. A bit of lax security on the part of the court it apperas

Throwing aside for a moment your natural antagonism to non-American's criticising Americans, do you think shooting someone six times (three times while they were on the floor) is a fair and proportionate response to someone lunging across a courtroom with a biro?

Throwing aside for a moment your natural antagonism to non-American's criticising Americans, do you think shooting someone six times (three times while they were on the floor) is a fair and proportionate response to someone lunging across a courtroom with a biro?

For a more accurate reponse to that question you would have to ask the police agent involved. I cant make judgements in situations where I wasnt present or did not know the other circumstances involved.

Certain of the press on the other hand seem to always know even more than the actual people involved in the incident. Nothing sells better than a dramatically worded headline more often than not substantiated by half cocked facts.

Strange i havent heard a word here about this incident on any of the world or local news channels

---------- Post added 25-04-2014 at 18:53 ----------

I think in the US they call that "the brass verdict"

As opposed to certain other places where it's called "the stone verdict" :D

Strange i havent heard a word here about this incident on any of the world or local news channels

Only because we have a new royal baby making the headlines

Only because we have a new royal baby making the headlines

Another one you'll have to pay for through the Civil List

It's easy to pass judgement and play Monday morning quarterback when you werent there.

It's also too easy to judge police in general as trigger happy thugs (as one or two others have stated).

Anyone who has been inside the main precinct police building in any major US city will see a memorial to fallen police officers in the building lobbies. There are many names on these memorials. Police work in this country is a far more dangerous occupation than in any European country and always has been.

Even my peaceful little town lost it's first officer several years ago when he was killed stopping two armed thugs beating a supermarket cashier with the handle of a revolver during the course of an attempted robbery

Yeah you've had officers killed in the line. So what? It's utterly irrelevant to the point being made but a nice way for you to demonstrate synthetic outrage and a holier than thou attitude.

Are you going to answer the question which is in case you forgot why the police in the court overreacted to the extent that they shot someone dead for the henious crime of being arsey with a ballpoint?

This low life piece of scum was a gangbanger. I am incredulous that there are even Tongan Crips in Utah. Utah.

I can tell you exactly what happened. This pos SHOULD have been shackled and handcuffed within an inch of his life. But they don't do that because God forbid the jury sees him looking like a criminal and we can't have that. He attacks a witness on the stand and gets shot. Oh dear. Maybe he should have stayed in his seat?

My

link says he was shot several times, but aside from his mother, who the hell cares? No great loss as far as I'm concerned.

Has your account been hijacked. Or was this a serious post.