M1 closed heading South between jn 35 and 34(10/3/14)

Hi, not sure whats happend, but been stuck in traffic since 9, until 10.20. Police diverted up wrong way back up slip road back onto motorway roundabout.

Not sure whats happend, but lots and lots of blue lights, but not seen a fire engine or anything.

Hope everythings okay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sheffield says this:

M1 South Yorkshire - M1 closed and queueing traffic southbound between J35, A629 (Thorpe Hesley) and J34, A631 (Meadowhall), because of a serious accident. Diversion in operation - trapped traffic will shortly be turned around from the back of the queue, and guided back towards J35. M1 entry slip road closed southbound at J35, A629 (Thorpe Hesley), because of an incident.

M1 South Yorkshire - M1 closed and queueing traffic southbound between J35, A629 (Thorpe Hesley) and J34, A631 (Meadowhall), because of a serious accident. Diversion in operation - trapped traffic will shortly be turned around from the back of the queue, and guided back towards J35.

From...http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sheffield

Hope the people involved are ok.

It looks like someones jumped from the footbridge near the meadowhall exit. I live right next to the bridge and its all cordened off at both ends. The police won't comfirm or deny it. If it's true then our thoughts are with the victim and their family.

Edited by AMR67

I dont feel sorry for him if he committed suicide but feel for his fam and friends

I dont feel sorry for him if he committed suicide but feel for his fam and friends

That must be one of the most (if not themost) offensive, inconsiderate, and downright disgusting post I've read on Sheffield forum. It beggars belief that someone could post such a thing.

Saddened that someone can see no other way out.

Condolences to the family

found stick, put into pot..

IF they did commit suicide, why is it offensive to not feel sorry for them?

It's a choice, a personal choice, that requires no sorrow for that individual. To think it automatically does, means your feelings are more important than their choice.

Motivations notwithstanding, it's their life to do with as they see fit.

I completely understand from the family/friend point of view that they would require sympathy and support.

The motorway is open again following this tragic incident.

Awful. Poor thing, and family, and anybody else who might have inadvertantly gotten involved.

Terribly sad, and it seems to be happening too often.

I'm afraid im of the opinion of I feel sorry for thr family and friends involved weather it be the person wjo has died or if anyone else involved. I can't feel sorry for the person who has done it. At the end of the day they had a choice! Unfortunately everyone else hurt by this did not.

Sorry, but have to disagree with some of the posts, as I dont think we or anyone should judge the person concerned.

There could be many reasons behind his actions, and to cast him off as "its his choice" I feel is very inapproperiate and I would even say offensive.

Very very sad, he has all my sympathy and hope he his soul rest in peace.

The human mind is an increadibly fragile place, something like this can sadly happen to people we least expect (often those we precieve as being the strongest even, as they bottle it up the best)..... but sadly, as everything, everyone has a tipping point... and this poor mans finally arrived at that point.

Edited by surveyour
sorry