UKIP and the EU

The sooner we are out of the EU, the sooner we can start making this country great again.

Yeah, like that's going to happen.

The second we leave the EU then we're no longer bound by their rules on waste or pollution. Companies will start dumping waste, sewage, and chemicals back into the rivers. The beaches will become filthy.

EU rules on recycling will be gone so there will be more landfill sites full of stuff that could have been recycled.

The second we leave the EU then we're no longer bound by their rules on waste or pollution. Companies will start dumping waste, sewage, and chemicals back into the rivers. The beaches will become filthy.

EU rules on recycling will be gone so there will be more landfill sites full of stuff that could have been recycled.

What gives you that impression, surely the elected politicians that live in the UK will care more about the UK's environment than EU politicians.

i'm actually pro us staying in the EU but, of course, it is possible that the UK, or whatever is left of it at the time if we left the EU, could introduce its own laws and regulations relating to waste and pollution and recycling

just because we leave the EU it doesn't mean we can't have some laws which they have as well

edit - and just a thought - if England voted to leave the EU if we ever have a referendum, but Scotland, Wales and/or Northern Ireland voted to stay in, would that cause even more pressure on the potential break up of the UK - could they just dump us to go on our own?

Edited by Manlinose

That's actually very wrong and quite a simplistic view. If we left, initially nothing would change within the UK. What would change would be how the other EU nations dealt with us. All the rules and regulations would remain until they are repealed, which simply wont happen.

All the laws and regulations are on the UK statute books. There is not a second book of EU laws that will be thrown in the fire the day we leave.

Edited by WeX

Leaving the EU wouldn't prohibit a country from choosing to keep the policies and laws they agree with.

It would be useful if you could give us a list of the laws we should keep and the ones we should reject.

It wouldn't surprise me if big businesses had a different list to the man in the street though.

Good job the politicians only follow public opinion and don't listen to big businesses..... oh wait... :help:

We can all dig out newspaper articles that paint a less than pleasant picture of individuals within all political parties, it just seems some people on here have an obsession with UKIP.

Your obsession with UKIP is such that you'll vote for them even though, as you have admitted, you accept their policies may damage the economy.

The number of fruitcakes in UKIP as a proportion of their elected representatives is a lot higher though than in other parties. The Tories offload a lot of theirs on to UKIP who are stupid enough to accept them. UKIP not only accepted Neil Hamilton but put him on their national committee. They've already lost several of their councillors elected last year and they only had about 150 elected. They got about 14 MEPs elected 5 years ago and about 5 of them have gone. They will never establish a strong grassroots base of elected representatives given the nutters they frequently put up for election.

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 11:17 ----------

Leaving the EU wouldn't prohibit a country from choosing to keep the policies and laws they agree with.

Even a UKIP European candidate, Janice Atkinson, another ex-Tory, admits leaving the EU would be problematic;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-admits-couldnt-just-walk-3180893

Before we could leave we'd have to renegotiate all the trade deals we have and we'd have to do so from a position of weakness given that we'd be the ones wanting to leave.

Your obsession with UKIP is such that you'll vote for them even though, as you have admitted, you accept their policies may damage the economy.

I've started 27 threads on this forum and not one of them relates to UKIP.

You've actually started more UKIP related threads than me and I'm the one who is going to vote for them.

I comment on the threads because I'm sick and tired of the constant barrage of anti UKIP propaganda that seems to be coming from certain individuals on this forum......It isn't going to work, if anything, it strengthens my resolve to vote for them.

As for commenting on their policies harming the economy, I don't recall posting that. As with all political parties there will be pros and cons of their policies with respect to the economy.

Regards

Doom

The number of fruitcakes in UKIP as a proportion of their elected representatives is a lot higher though than in other parties. The Tories offload a lot of theirs on to UKIP who are stupid enough to accept them. UKIP not only accepted Neil Hamilton but put him on their national committee. They've already lost several of their councillors elected last year and they only had about 150 elected. They got about 14 MEPs elected 5 years ago and about 5 of them have gone. They will never establish a strong grassroots base of elected representatives given the nutters they frequently put up for election.

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 11:17 ----------

Even a UKIP European candidate, Janice Atkinson, another ex-Tory, admits leaving the EU would be problematic;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-admits-couldnt-just-walk-3180893

Before we could leave we'd have to renegotiate all the trade deals we have and we'd have to do so from a position of weakness given that we'd be the ones wanting to leave.

So now we've come full circle from the OP to the same link,via the usual name calling,your dad is worser than my dad..............On their flagship policy,and with 3 months to go before EU elections,UKIP have virtually no meat on the bones of it to take to the electorate and persuade it to vote for them,nothing concrete on details about how,when and the likely consequences of their taking the UK out of the EU.I would have thought on this,they would have loads of stuff in place to be doorstepping potential voters and providing them with as much detail as possible to pick up votes in the EU elections and so strengthening their party for the gneral election.