More Range Rovers

Why do all Range Rover owners think people are looking at them with jealousy and envy? You can get a 4 year old Vogue for £20k. You're not driving a Pagani, get over yourself

Seriously..... You seem to know so much about them.... You obviously want one....!!!

I never mentioned jealously .....!!!!

You did so you must be...!!!!

:loopy:

---------- Post added 02-01-2014 at 14:20 ----------

Good point well made, people with Range Rovers (and most convertibles let's be honest) tend to think ppl are green with envy when most folk are thinking "n***ead"

Personally I could afford one I just don't consider them to be suitable family cars.

Ha ha ha...... You must have. Problem with people who own range rovers and convertibles.... For starting a pathetic thread about them...!!!

:huh:

Not many on the M1/M18/A1.... :) The poster didn't say where they were...

Bochum parkway. He stopped at two roundabouts and a crossing.

Not many on the M1/M18/A1.... :) The poster didn't say where they were...

So you assumed they were driving on the M1,M18 or A1 ?

It does not matter if you get wet or not, the fact is, you still look a prat driving around in a soft top with the roof down when crap weather.

Best car on the road? :loopy: In what way? Comfort? No, The way they drive? no, Handling? No. Performance? No, off road capabilities? No.

I know people who drive them. I have driven then. I regularly travel as a passenger in them. They go anywhere in most conditions. They are a work of art inside. Supremely luxurious and spacious. Beautifully finished. Creature comforts second to none. Can seat 5 in comfort. and take a lot of stuff with you when you do. Great driving position to look at the road and get a terrific overview of what's ahead. They handle surprisingly well. Great cruiser, no they are not much of a boy racer, but most people who drive them will have done boy racing by then. Great family car which protects the kids. AND they make the cynical type eaten up with envy, which is always fun.;):hihi:

---------- Post added 02-01-2014 at 14:46 ----------

Actually, I think I've just talked myself into buying one

It does not matter if you get wet or not, the fact is, you still look a prat driving around in a soft top with the roof down when crap weather.

I used to have my top down pretty much all the time unless in slow traffic in rain.

If its raining and you are moving 25mph+ you won't get wet, if it is cold put the heated seats on. What's wrong with that?

I bet you're one of those who doesn't wear shades in winter because it's too cold even though the sun is blinding.

I think cars, like houses are an extremely personal choice and it's each to their own for what they want to own.

Fortunately there are enough cars on the market to suit everyone's likes and needs, however there are obviously many desirable cars that are extremely expensive and out of reach for some people but it doesn't mean they don't like them.

I drive a Honda Civic Type-R which I personally love, but a number of people who have driven it just can't tolerate the stiff suspension on our bumpy roads - Range Rovers have become very popular over the last few years with a huge variety of people and I'm guessing it's because they are Spacious, 4WD, comfortable and what a lot of people would say are good looking cars - ticks a lot of boxes.

I take it you've never driven with the top down on a frosty/snowy winter's day....I don't care what people may think I look like ..that'll be their problem..not mine... :)

I know people who drive them. I have driven then. I regularly travel as a passenger in them. They go anywhere in most conditions. They are a work of art inside. Supremely luxurious and spacious. Beautifully finished. Creature comforts second to none. Can seat 5 in comfort. and take a lot of stuff with you when you do. Great driving position to look at the road and get a terrific overview of what's ahead. They handle surprisingly well. Great cruiser, no they are not much of a boy racer, but most people who drive them will have done boy racing by then. Great family car which protects the kids. AND they make the cynical type eaten up with envy, which is always fun.;):hihi:

---------- Post added 02-01-2014 at 14:46 ----------

Actually, I think I've just talked myself into buying one

Cool, go for it, maybe it was just me. But I didn't like the seating position nor the elevated view of the road, cruising was horrible with really weird ratios in the auto that I had. I wanted to shoot it, but sold it and bought an RS4 but that was very unreliable so got rid of that too. Now have a Cayman but have a baby on the way so looking for alternatives but can't find something I like. Maybe just use the Mrs's car when we go out as a family.

You were doing so well until that last bit. If you'd buy a car BECAUSE it makes some people envious, wouldn't that make you guilty of the sort of snobbery some are accusing Range Rover owners of?

I think cars, like houses are an extremely personal choice and it's each to their own for what they want to own.

Fortunately there are enough cars on the market to suit everyone's likes and needs, however there are obviously many desirable cars that are extremely expensive and out of reach for some people but it doesn't mean they don't like them.

I drive a Honda Civic Type-R which I personally love, but a number of people who have driven it just can't tolerate the stiff suspension on our bumpy roads - Range Rovers have become very popular over the last few years with a huge variety of people and I'm guessing it's because they are Spacious, 4WD, comfortable and what a lot of people would say are good looking cars - ticks a lot of boxes.

Loved my Type R, best gearbox in any car I have ever driven. Comes 2nd only to an Integra Type R in all the cars I've owned and I've owned a lot!

They go anywhere in most conditions.<...>

Can seat 5 in comfort.<...>

Great driving position to look at the road and get a terrific overview of what's ahead. <...>

Great family car which protects the kids.

So do most other cars, new or old, tbh.

They are a work of art inside.<...>

Supremely luxurious and spacious. <...>

Beautifully finished. <...>

Creature comforts second to none.

I'll agree on the "luxurious" (to an extent) but "spacious"? Really?!? Come on! You can't have sat in the back.

Most German stuff above the poverty-...erm...entry-spec, and the high-end Japanese stuff, will match all that.

They handle surprisingly well.
Having test-driven a few recently (a very good friend, who drives an A8-L as a daily, briefly considered buying one for his Mrs' xmas box. Briefly :D)...they're not "that bad"' for their size and weight (I was expecting worse, so I suppose I agree with your "surprisingly well"), but they still feel like a small bus compared to a 'normal' car and better-poised SUVs.

They still have that 'lateral waddle' that I absolutely hate in anything with 4 wheels, on any setting except 'sport' and provided you don't chuck them too fast into a corner, however gently/however wide the curve.

Great cruiser,
They probably are that. Personally, I just can't see the point, considering their economy. I mean, compared to an A6 or E-class estate in TDI form.

AND they make the cynical type eaten up with envy, which is always fun.;):hihi:[/Quote]I'm a cynical type, and they just make me chuckle...because they're one of the few things on the road which say "I like to buy petrol" more than my own (subaru estate) :hihi:

But hey-ho and all that, good show, keep that fuel duty flowing, No.11 needs as much of it as it can get :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b
typos