My beloved Sheffield strikes again on Boxing day

Still we had a good time in the end , SO THERE you humbugs . :roll:

Which makes me wonder why you're moaning. There were no trains on Boxing Day. I did a 30 mile round cycle ride as a result. No complaints from me as people deserve a break. Not all of my anatomy feels the same though.

Some nasty people on here. If you read the ops opening line it actually suggests that she normally works through Christmas so what's wrong with wanting to go for a drink when she finally gets one off. People referring back to when shops were shut Sundays etc. if you remember back then the pubs were open Boxing Day and some even Christmas Day. My local pub was packed on Boxing Day, although back then the staff were also allowed to have a drink and enjoy the fun too and didn't mind working it as it was usually on a work if want to basis for double money.

Well , for once I had the whole week off for Xmas & spent it with our Mum . Phil had time off too . What happens Boxing Day ? . We spend half the evening phoning pubs to see if they were open , only to find out ---- ooo there is a big shock , NO !

So we were lucky to find out Museum was open till 8pm , then Sportsman was open until 1030 . Frog & Parrot was open till 1am . At least we found something. Ended up having a good time in Sportsman even though there was stuff about my brothers " un favourite" band Def Leopard there ( I love them ) , so thanks guys for making it good. But why cant Sheffield have more pubs open on Boxing Day ? ;)

The Rutland Arms was open until midnight. DAda was also open normal hours.

Well , for once I had the whole week off for Xmas & spent it with our Mum . Phil had time off too . What happens Boxing Day ? . We spend half the evening phoning pubs to see if they were open , only to find out ---- ooo there is a big shock , NO !

So we were lucky to find out Museum was open till 8pm , then Sportsman was open until 1030 . Frog & Parrot was open till 1am . At least we found something. Ended up having a good time in Sportsman even though there was stuff about my brothers " un favourite" band Def Leopard there ( I love them ) , so thanks guys for making it good. But why cant Sheffield have more pubs open on Boxing Day ? ;)

Why didn't you cast a spell to make the pubs open?

Well I to say , I have worked every Christmas until this year & fancied having a night out with my brother . So sorry if it has upset some blast from the past Puritans , it is 2013 .

---------- Post added 28-12-2013 at 20:39 ----------

OOOO I love winding people up

Not a case of being a Puritan. I like a drink as well as the next person but you can go in pubs etc 363 days and nights a year surely thats enough! Its a question of fairness its not right some people only get 1 day off and others get a fortnight. Surely people can drink at home or go to other peoples houses if fancy a party.