Tesco fuel price in Dinnington

swfc2001

I live in Sheffield, my parents live near Barnsley. Tesco fuel prices are usually in this order: Abbeydale Road is the dearest, then Saville St, then Wath-upon-Dearne, then Stairfoot at Barnsley. There can be as much as 4 or 5 pence a litre difference between the top and bottom prices. Guess where I fill up when I go to see mum and dad !!

I always get the feeling that a lot of retailers, not just fuel stations, charge what they think they can get away with

Jet in Crosspool is a high class rip-off merchant.

Little competition locally, it happens to be the last chance to fill-up before you go over the Snake Pass (A57).

"The grabbing hands, grab all they can, all for themselves, after all, it's a competitive world." - Depeche Mode.

Jet in Crosspool is a high class rip-off merchant.

Little competition locally, it happens to be the last chance to fill-up before you go over the Snake Pass (A57).

"The grabbing hands, grab all they can, all for themselves, after all, it's a competitive world." - Depeche Mode.

It isn't a rip off it reflects the costs of operating and trying to stay affloat in a competitive market. They are probably making little more than 5% mark up on their fuel before paying overheads.

In Hope there is a filling station that charges around 8p/litre more than Sheffield prices. The place has small tanks and has to pay a premium for split loads. But the locals are happy enough to buy there because if it closed they would have to drive a long way to find fuel. In a similar spirit folks buy in local shops rather than supermarkets to preserve a local resource.

It's not always about price.