The parkrun thread

Flanker7

I'm a regular Park runner, tis a great event and better still it's free. I used to travel to Barnsley (Locke Park) but now use the one in Rovrem (Clifton Park).

Have done the Rother valley circuit when it first started. Next year i'm going to try the Parkrun "tourist" theme and attempt a different one each week.

There's also one due to start up in Doncaster pretty soon, end of Sept IIRC "Sandal Park" .

parkrun tourism is a fantastic thing. All the same system but all unique. I'm doing Woodbank, Manc this week and really looking forward to the track start and finish - how can you not sprint, like Mo.

I'm not sure about Millhouses being quick - there will be several dead turns. Roth Valley has none.

Hi all,

I'm hoping to do my first parkrun on Saturday. Was going to do the Hallam one but reading the numbers, I'll go for Hillsborough. Only problem, I have a 2 and a 1 year old and a rubbish old buggy...Any suggestions for running with the kids?

Kate :-)

Hi all,

I'm hoping to do my first parkrun on Saturday. Was going to do the Hallam one but reading the numbers, I'll go for Hillsborough. Only problem, I have a 2 and a 1 year old and a rubbish old buggy...Any suggestions for running with the kids?

Hi. Well me and the Missus usually take it in turns, at least that`s the theory; one runs , one spectates from the park with the little uns.

Hi all,

Keep the kids in the buggy and you will become a Parkrun pram runner :thumbsup:

I was going to suggest that. Not sure how good an idea it would be though, but am sure I've seen parents pushing those 3 wheeler prams around a park run. Maybe works better with some pram types than others?

It sure does! You can pay £600+ for a running buggy. Pushing too is a big ask imo. There are usually buggy runners at Endcliffe and it has been known for some to push a little one and still get a really quick time. Wouldn`t fancy that meself tbh.

parkrun is sponsored by 'BOB' who make bespoke running push chairs. They are banging on about a free 30 day trial - money back if not satisfied. Their blurb is on parkrun news every week and Nicola Forward the co-presenter on the parkrun show has one and plugs the product almost every week.

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 19:35 ----------

Have you seen the weather forecast!

Tomorrow may be the last summery parkrun day in 2013.

Have a good un - and maybe a pb?