Huge plume of smoke!

Just driven over from Manchester and the plumes of smoke were visible from Glossop area.

its a plastics factory ,foley street ,atercliffe area, ten fire appliances and around fifty fire fighters looks like it originally started with some nearby refuse 20 tonnes of plastic gone

Just to confirm, as its only been said 116 times, this fire is at a plastics recycling plant? :roll:

looks to be getting wider at the base is it spreading??

Just driven back from Holmfirth and you could see it from miles away. Glad it's *just* an empty building and no-one appears to have been hurt.

Reports on Radio Sheffield said the plume was visible from Harrogate!

We went past the smoke. It was huge and acrid. I hope it being a sunday no one was there and no one got hurt.

Respect to the fire crews who have to tackle this dangerous monster. I hope its gotten under control soon.

I can smell the smoke from Bents Green.

Not a good idea if its toxic

Yes it was certainly most definitely effingham. We were on our way to pdsa vets on newhall and drove within about 50 feet of the fire. I was so scared of an explosion we'd have turned back if the traffic behind us wouldve made it possible. It was definitely behind some scrapyard places, sounds like its that plastics recycling place.

I can smell the smoke from Bents Green.

Are you sure it's the smoke from that fire? I'm in Ecclesall and the smoke appears to be going nowhere near Bents Green.

We can see it claycross side of chesterfield