Amey work

its madness in lowedges and when its all done the job wont look much better as they are not even tarmacking the kerb sides what a mess and they don't even consult you with whats being done rubbish

Have you contacted Amey to ask for info or are you just guessing that the work is completed and nothing more is being done. I assume all the new street lights are in place. Amey seem to be aware that keeping the public informed is required and so I'm also assuming you failed to read any of the leaflets pushed through your letter box if you live in the area being worked on and I also thought they had been organising some meetings to again inform people probably through the tennants and residents association meetings.

Just been to Dungworth area and all the little roads in that area have been tarmacked yet loads of main roads are left typically Loxley Rd is like a cart track,whats going on with Amey.

So you just want an entire area side roads and main roads to be closed off and worked on all at the same time. Amey admitted there would be diversions and delays but imagine the stick they'd be getting if they'd just blanketed an entire area and left no access to anywhere near your property.

Hi, wonder if anyone on the Forum can give me a bit of advice.

Last year (September) I was involved in a minor shunt in my car in Sheffield, one of the 'car swerves in front of me and suddenly slams on brakes' type of shunt, I'm sure we're all aware of the type of thing. Anyways, all sorted via the insurance companies, both vehicles sorted and back on the road ages ago. Today I receive a letter from Amey informing me that the incident involved either damage to Crown property (?) or action to facilitate safe passage of vehicles? Neither vehicle hit anything (other than each other) nor was any roadside furniture, fixtures or fittings involved in any way. There was no fuel spillage, just some water from my radiator, no injuries (except the obvious whiplash from the other driver) and both vehicles were driven off the road to a place of safety.

Couple of things, what are Amey up to? and why would it take 8 months for them to inform me of this? The Police were there very quickly but left when they realised there was no real problems and no criminal activity.

They're just trying to scam you out of some money, it's becoming more common.

Most people just receive an invoice through for a ridiculous amount, challenge it and you'll never hear anything more.

Make sure you make a point that Neither vehicle hit anything nor was any roadside furniture, fixtures or fittings involved in any way and there was no fuel spillage.

.....and they don't even consult you with whats being done rubbish

Why should they consult? It's going to take a few years to resurface the whole city. If they started asking people when and how it should best be done it would take decades and they'd still come up with something that wouldn't please everyone.

Every road in the city is being resurfaced but still people whinge.

The signs informing you about no parking, no stopping, your vehicle may be towed etc aren't particularly clear in places.

I drive up Windyhouse lane every day and there are currently two signs fastened to lampposts just off Fairleigh, but they're facing up towards the top not towards you as you drive up there.

There are no other signs until you turn down queen Mary road, then the nearest one is around 80-100 yards down the road and impossible to read from the junction with Windyhouse lane.

I need to park my van on there to deliver the mail, but it isn't clear enough whether there is anywhere on either road you can actually park. For the last three days the signs have been there but I haven't seen a single workman.

So you just want an entire area side roads and main roads to be closed off and worked on all at the same time. Amey admitted there would be diversions and delays but imagine the stick they'd be getting if they'd just blanketed an entire area and left no access to anywhere near your property.

I would have thought that main roads would have priority over country roads that only lead to Our Cow Molly ice cream farm.