Amey work

The main roads are being done in a separate phase. It's impossible to do them all at the same time as well as the likely chaos that would ensue.

For me, they're doing a good job thus far.

Someone up in the thread said that only the road surface was being done? Again incorrect. Every curb and footpath will be done, together with every single street light.

Seems to be the typical attiude of moaning about something before seeing the bigger picture. Moan that there's potholes everywhere and then moan again when the council tries to rectify it!

That's not actually correct, they're only doing some roads and some footpaths, although it does appear most areas are getting new street lamps.

Regards

Doom

That's not actually correct, they're only doing some roads and some footpaths, although it does appear most areas are getting new street lamps.

Regards

Doom

I suppose you can back this up with a link? I'm sure all the publicity and blurb seemed to be saying all the roads were going to be recieving attention and from what has already been completed they seem to be tackling all aspects.

I suppose you can back this up with a link? I'm sure all the publicity and blurb seemed to be saying all the roads were going to be recieving attention and from what has already been completed they seem to be tackling all aspects.

I thought it was all roads, footpaths etc., but when I looked at the detailed map for my local area it's clearly not.

Just click the PDF on the link and you can see what's being done in High Green.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/high-green.html

Regards

Doom

The main roads are being done in a separate phase. It's impossible to do them all at the same time as well as the likely chaos that would ensue.

For me, they're doing a good job thus far.

Someone up in the thread said that only the road surface was being done? Again incorrect. Every curb and footpath will be done, together with every single street light.

Seems to be the typical attiude of moaning about something before seeing the bigger picture. Moan that there's potholes everywhere and then moan again when the council tries to rectify it!

Not moaning ,just cannot understand why country lanes in the middle of nowhere take priority over main roads.There will be disruption when they do start on the main roads whether the side roads have been done or not.

I thought it was all roads, footpaths etc., but when I looked at the detailed map for my local area it's clearly not.

Just click the PDF on the link and you can see what's being done in High Green.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/high-green.html

Regards

Doom

I don't like pdf files and so after a brief look I went to the trouble of ringing Amey and asking them, they said all roads if they are maintained by the council will recieve attention, the only one's not included are private ones. This also includes all pavements although different phases of the jobs may be done at different times. I pushed them a little further and was then told that if a road was a new build it might not require the same attention but with new lights going in then I'd imagine that even new roads/pavements are going to recieve some attention. If you want to give me the name of a road that you think is not having anything done to it then let me know and I'll happily go back and ask for further info from Amey

As long as the work gets done who cares. The government is paying for it

arghh another one so detatched from reality that they dont realise the government is financed by us.

well not all of us, but those of us who pull our fingers out and work and pay tax anyway.

Waitrose car park was pretty much done overnight, they seem to have done a really good job of it as well....but then they didn't see a blank cheque off some numb nut council.

---------- Post added 31-05-2013 at 17:12 ----------

arghh another one so detatched from reality that they dont realise the government is financed by us.

well not all of us, but those of us who pull our fingers out and work and pay tax anyway.

Another one also detached from reality...just because we work, doesn't mean we are the only ones paying tax. When was the last time you bought something and paid 0% VAT (Obviously VAT excluded items exist but are the minority), when was the last time you had a road legal vehicle and paid no tax? when was the last time you put fuel in said car and paid no tax? Do I need to continue.