Samson is safe & going to rescue!

Sam71

I've shared him around in my Facebook & telling everyone I know about him. Its good to know there are people fighting for him & I never under estimate the power of the Pet Section

Me too. I'm trying really hard to help, lets hope the joint effort pays off.

this is so sad that it has turned out this way

im not going to put any nasty comments as its not

my place to I think that sam knows she has let her

dog dawn badly but I hope Samson finds his forever home

I will make an appeale on my facebook page for the poor guy

ive just been on the gone but not forgotten page & have just

realised a little staffie called Gem that I did an appeale for had

been pts im absolutely guttered right now :(:(

so many people just dumping these poor dogs with no care or disregard

its heart breaking :(

Edited by fabcakes

ive just been on the gone but not forgotten page & have just realise a little staffie called Gem that I did an appeale for had been pts im absolutely guttered right now :(:(

I saw her on there too fabcakes. Wasn't she beautiful? Made me cry when i read her story, she was only a baby. If only i'd known about her before it was too late :( x

I think the Pounds for Poundies site should be compulsory viewing for anyone thinking of breeding their staff :( a good 80% of these poor souls are staffs or staff crosses. Wonder if it would make any difference at all?

probably not ive posted links on the results of people breeding their staffs

on their facebook page that they use to advertise their puppy's

& just had abuse hurled at me & told to keep my nose out even by people

thinking about buying a puppy so when you up against that sort of

reaction there is just no hope :confused::(

Pound for Poundies has to be one of the sadest websites I have seen. I know around 20 unwanted dogs are destroyed every day in the UK. That's about one dog every hour :( But when you see the faces & read the stories about each individual dog, it just brings it home how awful the situation is. They are not bad dogs, just unlucky dogs who have failed to find an owner to love & care for them for the whole of their lives. Very, very sad.

Edited by spats
word error

Oh blimey, what to do? I don't have pets, never have, but I can't ignore this little one eyed boy. He so deserves a lovely home. Thing is, the poor lad's pts date is "imminent". When's that then? What if we almost raise the dosh - £150? - and then they put him to sleep before it's raised? How long have we got?

I don't really mind if my donation goes to help another dog BUT I really want it to help Samson 'cos no-one will rescue him. (No, I can't - I don't even like dogs - I'm scared of them and they whiff a bit, never mind the hairs on the sofa);)

Does the rescue go and get him out? The details are so sketchy and I would rather my hard earned dosh is actually used for this old boy (and then I can stop coming on this blinking thread).

Duckegg

No doubt I'll get shot down in flames for this, but is it really good use of people's resources/money to try to rescue an elderly, dog that endlessly escapes, has all sorts of health problems, inc some long standing, and seemingly incurable spine issue?

No doubt I'll get shot down in flames for this, but is it really good use of people's resources/money to try to rescue an elderly, dog that endlessly escapes, has all sorts of health problems, inc some long standing, and seemingly incurable spine issue?

I think this is a perfectly reasonable opinion.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable opinion.

Thanks. It's not that I'm being heartless, I support 2 animal charities, but I just wonder when it's wise to say 'enough is enough' with a particular animal, no matter how heart-breaking their story. If the money that's poured into them could save multiples of younger, fitter animals, is that not a better, more humane option? After all as they say 'there's no substitute for youth'