I pay for a Weekly bin collection !

My bin don't get emptied every week, bin men come round here every other week. It's not hard, just can't be bothered and chose not to do it. I don't see point doing it, to make their lives easier when they do jack to make my life easier. :) lol

Can't be bothered to do what exactly? Surely you know what kind of item you're holding in your hand, depending on what it is you drop it into one bin or the other.. there is literally NO extra effort required. I just cannot comprehend at all what people's problem with this is, there's no 'sorting' or time needed to be spent on it :confused:

A very productive thread - hope you managed plenty of work from it.....

A very productive thread - hope you managed plenty of work from it.....

I think they will have got lots of cancellations :hihi:

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 10:05 ----------

Do people really struggle with simple tasks like separating waste?

Yes I'm afraid they do !

No truth in the rumour - Jack Scott is planning to contract an offer as you are cheaper than his current deal?

People seem to be working harder in making a point to get it wrong. One of our number takes his rubbish to a supermarket in Stocksbridge, another puts it in the car and drives it to the city dump. Some are even willing to pay twice to clear their rubbish.

This is not the behaviour of sensible, rational humans.

the bin men are in too much rush to take serial numbers from the bins. i cant see there been a problem plus they are not next to each other one is further up the road.

when theres a will theres a way.

Imagine if wheelie bins had serial numbers on them.

If we still had the small metal bins, would you be requiring two collections a week?

the bin men are in too much rush to take serial numbers from the bins. i cant see there been a problem plus they are not next to each other one is further up the road.

when theres a will theres a way.

Just that if I was doing that hard thankless job and then one week I suddenly had to lug two bins instead of one,I would make it a point to look into it to save myself work if I could.

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 16:18 ----------

Imagine if wheelie bins had serial numbers on them.

Are you kidding,they've all got serial numbers round here and each one registered to it,s address.

Haven't the bins got small micro chips in them? Our blue boxes have small micro chips just under the rim. I found this out as they turn them upside down on the pavement when they have been emptied. I haven't looked under the rim of the wheeled bins.

My bin don't get emptied every week, bin men come round here every other week. It's not hard, just can't be bothered and chose not to do it. I don't see point doing it, to make their lives easier when they do jack to make my life easier. :) lol

Sorry, I assumed that as you were contributing to a thread in Sheffield Discussions forum that you lived in Sheffield where we do have weekly bin collections.

Just that if I was doing that hard thankless job and then one week I suddenly had to lug two bins instead of one,I would make it a point to look into it to save myself work if I could.

one bin extra every 2 weeks wow, imagine if it was every week like it supposed to be. and its not a hard job they are lazy buggers.