Assassin snails for sale

The Assassin Snail Get rid of your unwanted snails in your fish Tanks!

The Assassin Snail (Clea helena) has been welcomed by fishkeepers as the single best all-around snail-killing animal in the hobby. Existing choices were limited to things like pufferfish and the larger loaches, particularly botiine loaches, but these fish are often difficult to maintain, and in the case of puffers especially, tend to be nippy towards their tankmates. The Assassin Snail is very different. It is small, completely harmless towards fish and shrimps, and generally very easy to keep. It is also very pretty, bright yellow with chocolate brown stripes.

Clea are whelks, most of which live in the sea. Like their marine relatives, Clea are opportunistic carnivores that feed on both live prey and carrion. Among the prey taken are snails, and it is this that has made them popular with fishkeepers. Clea stay partially hidden under the sediment, and if a snail slides past, then quickly (by snail standards) jump into action, chasing their prey and eventually subduing it.

Only £1.50p each

Do Assassin snails eat plants? And do they eat algae? I would like a non-plant eating, but algae eating snail or two for my tank if this fits the bill. I have plenty of black bar endler fry if you would like to swap :)

They are not algae eaters but eat pest snails and help to keep your tank free of them

Fair enough, I haven't got any snails so best to leave :)

The Assassin Snail Get rid of your unwanted snails in your fish Tanks!

The Assassin Snail (Clea helena) has been welcomed by fishkeepers as the single best all-around snail-killing animal in the hobby. Existing choices were limited to things like pufferfish and the larger loaches, particularly botiine loaches, but these fish are often difficult to maintain, and in the case of puffers especially, tend to be nippy towards their tankmates. The Assassin Snail is very different. It is small, completely harmless towards fish and shrimps, and generally very easy to keep. It is also very pretty, bright yellow with chocolate brown stripes.

Clea are whelks, most of which live in the sea. Like their marine relatives, Clea are opportunistic carnivores that feed on both live prey and carrion. Among the prey taken are snails, and it is this that has made them popular with fishkeepers. Clea stay partially hidden under the sediment, and if a snail slides past, then quickly (by snail standards) jump into action, chasing their prey and eventually subduing it.

Only £1.50p each

hiya where abouts are you? x

just off of ridgeway road but can deliver if im passing your way

just off of ridgeway road but can deliver if im passing your way

im at stocksbridge, where is ridgeway road? thanks x

Hi

Do you still sell assasin snails, i live in woodhouse Sheffield so pick up is not a problem.

Thanks

Adrian

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 18:58 ----------

Sorry but cannot send private messages yet as i have only just joined the forum. Dont know how many i need, i have a trigon 350 litre tank, how many do you suggest.

Thanks

Adrian

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 19:15 ----------

Sorry cannot send pm. No idea how many i need, have 350 litre tank.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 17:06 ----------

Sent a message, not sure if you are receiving them.

Thanks

Adrian

pm sent....