Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

Ok, here's the deal.

I believe very firmly that clairvoyants are utterly fake-ass and no more than relatively skillful workers of the crowd.

If you believe otherwise, lets see how good you are.

I was recently fortunate enough to come into a sum of money, so anyone reading this who claims to be clairvoyant answer me these questions -

How much money have I acquired.

How did I come by it?

Im with you on this one. Clairvoyants really get my back up.:mad:

Queen Nyteshade had two claims to fame. She could tell fortunes and she was a midget. The local authorities frowned on her because they thought that fortune telling was fraudulent. They had Queeny arrested. She was placed in a holding cell. Since she was so small she was able to squeeze between the bars of her cell and escape. This to incensed the judge that he ordered the local newspaper to print an article about the culprit. The following was printed in the paper the next day...............................

"Small Medium At Large" :rolleyes:

... because i believe you make your own destiny.

Just out of interest if you believe you make your own destiny why would consult a clairvoyant or tarot reader at all?

Surely anything that happens to you would be by your own doing and therefore any predictions they make that come true will be due to you striving subconsciously to achieve those particular goals?

BTW I am not condemning anyone who chooses to visit these people. It is not something I would do as I don't believe in any of it, I am just interested in what motivates other people to have readings.

Ah the world is full of people who seem to need to fill a hole in their lives.

I was amused to hear a piece on Radio Sheffield this morning where they discussed their doubt as to whether the Coriolis Effect actually exists...

... immediately after another completely serious piece about Reiki for pets!

Just out of interest if you believe you make your own destiny why would consult a clairvoyant or tarot reader at all?

Surely anything that happens to you would be by your own doing and therefore any predictions they make that come true will be due to you striving subconsciously to achieve those particular goals?

BTW I am not condemning anyone who chooses to visit these people. It is not something I would do as I don't believe in any of it, I am just interested in what motivates other people to have readings.

I have spiritual readings because i miss my relatives and this is a way of communicating.I never had tarot before i only had it out of curiosity.But it was exactly what i expected really.Won't be having one again.Will stick with the spiritual readings

I was hooping to become a clarvoyant myself, but then I decided to give it up after i couldnt see a future in it!

I went to one but the door was locked, must have seen me coming :D

Seriously though, it doesn't do for us all to be the same. If someone feels comfort from seeing a clairvoyant,then go. It's not illegal and as far as i'm aware,causes no harm.

HA HA to Green Web

I've always wondered about them ...However, I think any messing around with things like that ie. the dead 'not normal' :suspect:

Somethings are meant to be left alone IMO - and I feel that's one of them :D

Clairvoyants are very good.I pay 25 pund for a half hour reading with one and he has been absolutly brilliant.

If I was going to pay a Clairvoyant that much I would expect them to give me the lottery numbers, oh silly me they cannot can they....... fake springs to mind.

How about setting up an experiment in a more 'formal' manner? This is more an experiment in telepathy than clairvoyance, but it would be interesting to try out...

Someone 'the sender' selects an image, gets it scanned and forwards it to someone who can be the 'adjudicator'. A fairly simply image - bold colours and shapes, etc.

The 'sender' then publicises times when they will focus on the image.

Anyone who feels they have a 'gift' could then 'open their minds' or whatever they do at those times, and send a PM to the adjudicator describing roughly what they've sensed.

The adjudicator would then look at the image and compare the descriptions in the PMs, and see whether there are any hits.

It's not a brilliant experiment, but might be interesting. :)

I once had my fortune told by an old Gypsy woman who knocked on the door: a proper Gypsy, with a wooden, horse drawn caravan.

She read my palm and said: "You'll meet a smiling, bearded man who will offer you help: but he isn't your friend.

Then you will meet a woman who will help you with your problems. All will be well."

I was unemployed and hugely in debt at this time.

2 days later I got an interview for a well payed job. The boss was a grinning, bearded guy. We got on fine and he took my measurements for the company uniform and was eager to get me started.

I went home and 2 days later got a 'sorry: we don't want you' letter from the firm.

The following week I got a call from a firm I'd applied to 9 months earlier and entirely forgotten about. The boss was a woman and I went to work for her and cleared all my debts over the next 4 years.

Make of it what you will.:huh:

I would be embarrassed to even tell anyone I'd even thought about going to a clairvoyant, surely no one belives in them.:rolleyes: