The Clairvoyant Megathread- all discussion in here please

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

i went to yvonne craperton with my sister , she told me exactly the same as my sister , we sat in my car and the tapes we recorded were the same . nothing she told me has come true. especially me having 3 more children what a waste of money.

Sorry about your experience with Yvonne Clapperton, but EVERYTHING she told me came TRUE! I went to see her nearly 9 years ago and almost everything came true within the first 2/3 years - the very last thing to come true (which I took with a pinch of salt!) was the birth of my daughter after a gap of 8 years between my last child and the baby. :)

Mod Note: This a thread for recommending Clairvoyants, not to debate if Clairvoyancy is valid or not. Several posts removed.

try the spitualist church down attercliffe they are a good group.although not been for ages.

Pat Campbell at Firth Park. A bit eccentric but good.

i went to see her too, didn't fish for information , taped reading some of message was for others in family and bits i couldn't make sence of made sence to others in family. told me alot which all came true. also been to an open circle but you may not get a message there

has anyone got a number for "Lynn Brown" a friend of mine went recently, said she was shockingly good, but can't find her number

has anyone got a number for "Lynn Brown" a friend of mine went recently, said she was shockingly good, but can't find her number

Don't talk to me about her. Last time I was at her place she suddenly started laughing, so I punched her in the face.

"What did you do that for?" she asked.

I'm sure you can work out the next line.......

Ok, here's the deal.

I believe very firmly that clairvoyants are utterly fake-ass and no more than relatively skillful workers of the crowd.

If you believe otherwise, lets see how good you are.

I was recently fortunate enough to come into a sum of money, so anyone reading this who claims to be clairvoyant answer me these questions -

How much money have I acquired.

How did I come by it?

I have always agreed that they are completely flawed, however my mom and sister went to see one just after we lost my dad and they claim they told her nothing at all and she apparently came up with names dates and other facts that were extremely relevant and clearly very hard to guess at.

My friend only 2 days ago went to see one a month after losing her mom and she said exactly the same thing. All have found it very comforting, I am however still very sceptical but at the same time extremely curios!

Ok, here's the deal.

I believe very firmly that clairvoyants are utterly fake-ass and no more than relatively skillful workers of the crowd.

I was recently fortunate enough to come into a sum of money, so anyone reading this who claims to be clairvoyant answer me these questions -

How did I come by it?

That's easy. It is £500 and you got the money by making a documentary about fake mediums.

That's easy. It is £500 and you got the money by making a documentary about fake mediums.

Not bad, KenH, but no cigar.

Ok, here's the deal.

How did I come by it?

It was over £1000 and you got it as one of your relitaves has died...im getting...and older female..possibly grandmother or aunt...

I have always agreed that they are completely flawed, however my mom and sister went to see one just after we lost my dad and they claim they told her nothing at all and she apparently came up with names dates and other facts that were extremely relevant and clearly very hard to guess at.

My friend only 2 days ago went to see one a month after losing her mom and she said exactly the same thing. All have found it very comforting, I am however still very sceptical but at the same time extremely curios!

jessbarnard, you might be very interested by what you find if you do a search on the words 'cold reading'. You'll find stuff which will explain rather well how such frauds are able to 'come up with' dates, names etc. There's also a rather fine book entitled 'Memoirs of a sword swallower' by Dan Mannix, in which he describes very fully the workings of mind reading shows and other tricks of the trade. (It'll also tell you how to swallow swords, of course!)