Freeloaders taking advantage of the rail landslip.

(I realise it's not Sheffield but if mods feel it's better suited in General then feel free, but it is SY Travel)

First Mainline, Northern Rail, Travel South Yorkshire, whoever, should be doing something about the freeloaders that are filling the rail replacement coaches at the expense of those who have bought tickets and passes.

Those of you who don't use it, basically anybody can hop on the coach without ticket (At Donny there is no excuse) and leave some old pensioner with a pass, or somebody who has paid for a pass or a ticket out in the cold, even though there's always a guy there with a clipboard from the rail company with the timetable.

For those of you who do use it, or those who pay for buses and train tickets and don't want subsidise for chancers free travel, you should complain here.

Is getting on the replacement bus without paying any different from doing the same on the train?

It would appear that it is fairly well known that no-one is checking those boarding the buses, but if I had a ticket and it looked like I wasn't going to get on my bus, I would be kicking up enough fuss to ensure that a check was made.

Edited by cgksheff

Is getting on the replacement bus without paying any different from doing the same on the train?

It would appear that it is fairly well known that no-one is checking those boarding the buses, but if I had a ticket and it looked like I wasn't going to get on my bus, I would be kicking up enough fuss to ensure that a check was made.

I'm sure it does happen on the train but at least if someone does get found without a ticket they even have to pay or get off, and there are many more seats on the train, and the very fact that people know for a fact they're not going to get checked, people just get on willy nilly when they're at a loose end.

It's amazing that every day, as more people realise this, more and more people are getting on.

And you're right I hope it does kick off is somebody with a ticket can't get on because maybe they'll do something about it.