No jobs just profits..

A British designer says she can't afford to pay minimum wage to manufacture handbags in Britain, but she charges £2,000 per handbag!

Do you think not providing British people with jobs when making this margin of profit is as bad as not paying tax?

I don't know what her profits are, so can't really comment. It might be a lot less than we think.

And two grand for a hand bag ?!?!? Cripes !!!!!

A British designer says she can't afford to pay minimum wage to manufacture handbags in Britain, but she charges £2,000 per handbag!

Do you think not providing British people with jobs when making this margin of profit is as bad as not paying tax?

I will ask too (just so you can`t say no-one did)

what is her profit? nett please, not gross

She is running a business ,and if she can source labour cheaper in another country ,then it makes financial sense to do so. You dont make a business successful by paying more than you have too for materials and labour. Its called keeping your overheads as low as possible to maximize profits.

She is running a business ,and if she can source labour cheaper in another country ,then it makes financial sense to do so. You dont make a business successful by paying more than you have too for materials and labour. Its called keepinh your overheads as low as possible to maximize profits.

that`s not what the OP has said, lets not cloud the issue eh?

Nothings clouded at all. The designer says they cant afford to pay the minimum wage in this country for labour, and i pointed out it makes sense to source labour in another country, probably somewhere in Aisa ,as labour costs are much lower ,hence maximizing profits.

Nothings clouded at all. The designer says they cant afford to pay the minimum wage in this country for labour, and i pointed out it makes sense to source labour in another country, probably somewhere in Aisa ,as labour costs are much lower ,hence maximizing profits.

which is different to your earlier post, so as I said try not to cloud the issue and lets see what AmmaB come back with