How desperately sad: 12 yr old hangs himself after being excluded

I couldn't help feeling very, very, sad on reading this. I was also surprised that the school allowed him to go home knowing his mother was not there. I wonder if protocol for sending children home has changed in the light of this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266622/Jordan-Green-Final-words-boy-12-hanged-hours-expelled-school.html?ICO=most_read_module

I couldn't help feeling very, very, sad on reading this. I was also surprised that the school allowed him to go home knowing his mother was not there. I wonder if protocol for sending children home has changed in the light of this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266622/Jordan-Green-Final-words-boy-12-hanged-hours-expelled-school.html?ICO=most_read_module

Have you read the article, the mother told them to send him home even though she wasn't home and wouldn't be till 8pm. **** parent and even worse that she is publicising what a crap parent she is.

Instead of castigating the mother, lets spare a thought for the poor 12 year old who, was in such a state he chose to sadly end his life. His gran had died, and his parents split up this has proved to have had an enormous effect on his life, his mother will have a lifetime to reflect on what she did or didn't do.

Sadly he no longer has a life to look forward to, RIP young un.

Hands up who read the link :rolleyes:

He mentioned his mother becoming ill. Nobody here has considered the strain this family have been under, and that includes the mother, who clearly wasn't coping very well herself. This will probably be the death of her too

Hands up who read the link :rolleyes:

He mentioned his mother becoming ill. Nobody here has considered the strain this family have been under, and that includes the mother, who clearly wasn't coping very well herself. This will probably be the death of her too

#hand up#

He claimed once, in a tantrum that his mother was ill.

This was never confirmed in the article, I got the impression it was a lie.

Regardless of how the mother was coping with the death (also it didn't mention that it was her mother or the fathers mother) she should have made her son a top priority.

He had a long history of bad behaviour over many years, which points to poor parenting over a long period from the mother.

#hand up#

He claimed once, in a tantrum that his mother was ill.

This was never confirmed in the article, I got the impression it was a lie.

Regardless of how the mother was coping with the death (also it didn't mention that it was her mother or the fathers mother) she should have made her son a top priority.

He had a long history of bad behaviour over many years, which points to poor parenting over a long period from the mother.

or it points to autism, which is wearing on a parent

How does a mother who is obliged to go out to work to support herself and her son 'make her son a priority' in your book? As far as she was concerned, she was

I love all the 'holier than thou' posts these threads attract - not