Fletchers Bakery

Hello is there anyone here who works,or have worked for Fletchers Bakery Clay wheels lane had any problems with them? My 2 sons went to an induction last thursday and was told they will be contacted when to start work soon,So any way they got a text each yesterday to tell them both to go in for a night shift,6pm till 6 am,they were both so pleased cus they both not had a job yet Nick the eldest of the 2 who is 23 has been out of work since he left school 7yrs ago and Tom my youngest 20 4yrs out of school they both do volentry work at charity shops.Any way they were told to buy safety boots which they did,did some sarni's for there breaks all excited,got down there for 5.45pm was told to wait up stairs and someone will come and sort them out,there was 3 others there also who were told they were doing the 6pm-till 6am shift.They waited 30 mins to be told sorry but they won't be needed because they had enough people doing that shift already :confused:they told me there must of been a hundred or more starting,so my 2 lads and the other 3 were told they have been put on the spares list,great start hey,was told they will contact them when needed! Who ever runs this place has'nt a clue,what a big let down!!

were they given job by a agency/

Anyone remember my cousin Tracy radford ? she had a bad accident at fletchers.

Hi WendyG I worked for them for thirty years when it was Fletchers,the outfit that run it now are a set of asset stripping cowboys by the name of Vision Finance.They bought it off Northern Foods who had bought from Paul Fletcher,most of the inside staff are agency immigrant workers on rock bottom pay with no rights who can be laid off at a minutes notice.Old man Fletcher would turn in his grave if he saw how its gone down the pan,when I worked there it was one of the best employers in Sheffield there was a waiting list for jobs,good wages good conditions son followed father to work for them.They also own Gunstones,a while back someone posted a thread about how the inside workers there on twelve hour nights were taken off the production line hours early,docked pay and were stranded until the bus turned up at the normal shift ending.Like I said a cowboy outfit!.:rant::roll::confused:

The owners are Vision Capital,who seem to favour flexibe employment practices.

The owners are Vision Capital,who seem to favour flexibe employment practices.

this sort of thing is happening at several companies to save money and pick who they want ,Back to the dark ages ,cap in hand at works gates waiting for a job:mad:

This outfit is only interested in making the shareholders as much dough as possible. Their employment procedures are half baked- they just expect staff to roll over. Use your loaf and avoid if possible

Is there staff parkin here?

Seasonally around bonfire night.

Anyone remember my cousin Tracy radford ? she had a bad accident at fletchers.

Hi S5 Blade was it Tracy who had to have her leg amputated in the warehouse after an agency fork-lift driver trapped her into the racking and under the machine?.I remember it well the agency bloke had been zooming about all day ending with that terrible accident,he thought she was dead and ran off out of the firm.He was found later in Hillsborough Park jabbering to himself,I hope she took them to the cleaners I heard she was not very well treat by the firm I don,t know if this is true I hope she is fareing well it must be over ten years ago since this happened,she was very unlucky it shows you never know when something horrible like this can happen!.

Does anyone have memories of 'Ted Whitehead' working at Fletchers? He worked at one of the Sheffield bakeries in the early seventies. Trying to contact anyone who worked with him.

My Dad (won't post his name) has worked at Fletchers for near on 30 years now. Might pass those names along to him if I remember... he may have heard of them.

My hubby has worked there for about 20 years. Won't say his name lol and he wouldn't comment but I can. It's a **** hole now.

This outfit is only interested in making the shareholders as much dough as possible. Their employment procedures are half baked- they just expect staff to roll over. Use your loaf and avoid if possible

Unfortunately you're right; it use to be a great place but not now. I'm disappointed the entire sight didn't burn down. Same with Bassetts; come on floods, do your worst again.