2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

So how does The Champs Elyses compare with Burngreave?

The tour will still finish on The Champs- elysees!

Do us all a favour and take Tommo (we are all doomed ) 68 and Penistone (sad little man) 999 with you. Please dont come back.

You really don't get it do you.

Not we are all doomed, but someone just might be.

Only selfish people would not care about that.

There seem to be plenty of people that don't seem to care at all that other people are being, or might be, inconvenienced or distressed in order to allow them to have some pleasure. But I have now come to expect that on here.

I realise a lot of people are being inconvenienced that's just common sense.

It is my most sincere wish that no-one is distressed or delayed in getting to hospital because of the road closures and that the abilities of the emergency services will not be hampered in any way during that time.

But if someone is adversely affected in anyway I do hope there is still some poetic justice in the world and that its one of the people that values their own pleasure over concern for others, rather than anyone else.

But if someone is adversely affected in anyway I do hope there is still some poetic justice in the world and that its one of the people that values their own pleasure over concern for others, rather than anyone else.

So you want someone to die, what a pathetic little man you are.

You really don't get it do you.

Not we are all doomed, but someone just might be.

Only selfish people would not care about that.

Your concern is valid, after all the Tour de France is a brand new event and the organisers haven't ever done anything like this in cities, ever!

Oh wait...

Is the route signposted does anyone know?

Especially from Hillsborough onwards

Yes it is.

However I warn all people in Sheffield that the tour has already started. Or at least the "pro cyclists" are already out and about getting ready and I have to say I'm not impressed.

As the face of cycling in Yorkshire you might have thought they would at least wait for red traffic lights and stay on the correct side of the road, but no. I had to watch out for two guys at i was driving on Brightside Lane this afternoon. One appeared from behind a bush while my traffic light was green, and his mate was on the wrong side of the road directly in front of me.:loopy:

Yes I do cycle, yes i drive a car, yes i'm planning on watching the tour go past my house and yes the closures are a nightmare, if not only for the fact they shut almost every road from 7am despite the race not coming through until 4pm, thus causing everyone to get there early, or face the M1 nightmare.

Yes it is.

However I warn all people in Sheffield that the tour has already started. Or at least the "pro cyclists" are already out and about getting ready and I have to say I'm not impressed.

As the face of cycling in Yorkshire you might have thought they would at least wait for red traffic lights and stay on the correct side of the road, but no. I had to watch out for two guys at i was driving on Brightside Lane this afternoon. One appeared from behind a bush while my traffic light was green, and his mate was on the wrong side of the road directly in front of me.:loopy:

Yes I do cycle, yes i drive a car, yes i'm planning on watching the tour go past my house and yes the closures are a nightmare, if not only for the fact they shut almost every road from 7am despite the race not coming through until 4pm, thus causing everyone to get there early, or face the M1 nightmare.

The bit in bold was sufficient, I really didn't need all the other bluster but thanks for sharing.

Your concern is valid, after all the Tour de France is a brand new event and the organisers haven't ever done anything like this in cities, ever!

Not in or around sheffield they haven't.

Maybe that's why they cut most of sheffield off from the hospital.

But they haven't...

The hospital is still accessible by ANYONE albeit via a longer route (Fox Hill will be cut off from vehicular access, not NGH)

Emergency vehicles will have access at all times

"Organisers will be working closely with all the emergency services throughout the event to ensure that access is given to vehicles on blue lights as a priority throughout the road closures."

http://letour.yorkshire.com/the-grand-d%C3%A9part-2014/faq

Blimey, it'll you be you needing an Ambulance soon with the amount of unnecessary stress you're putting on yourself, heart attack waiting to happen...

The irony being your Ambulance will probably whip thro' the city as it's given priority over closed roads..

I can imagine you sitting on your sofa on Sunday, rocking back n forth, muttering to yourself, willing some major incident to occur so all your frothing can be justified!

Blimey, it'll you be you needing an Ambulance soon with the amount of unnecessary stress you're putting on yourself, heart attack waiting to happen...

The irony being your Ambulance will probably whip thro' the city as it's given priority over closed roads..

I can imagine you sitting on your sofa on Sunday, rocking back n forth, muttering to yourself, willing some major incident to occur so all your frothing can be justified!

How true.

I believe that tommo68 is insane.

maybe a good long cycle ride will help clear his head.

its a great way to de stress.

he needs locking up

Yes they have the Milk race used to come through Sheffield

Why would I want to do that?

In fact no need to reply because I couldn't care less what people think.

Yes this bike thingy might promote Sheffield, but for me I couldn't care less about it

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 23:31 ----------

Well I can't be the only one that doesn't give a toss about it

But you clearly do give a toss because you're posting in here. If you didn't give a toss you wouldn't even open the thread.