2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Park at Cineworld (not recommended it will be busy around arena afteroon/evening) and walk around the corner to retail park.

Will Cineworld actually be open that day, though? How will it be accessible if all the roads are closed?

I see on the Royal Propaganda Corporation site that Plastikate, Willy and Harry Hewitt will be coming up here for the 'Grand Depart'. I presume that will be in Leeds.

At least the French know how to treat royalty.

Not sure what the safety of cyclists on the road have to do with this thread unless they've decided to screw safety and run the TDF on open roads!

RE: Wiggins, he would go on pure sporting grounds if they were picking their 9 best riders but Sky have the rest of the season to consider and need to seperate their whiny little bitches from each other. Wiggins won't go to the TDF unless Froome can't, he will go to the Vuelta in preparation for his tip at the time trial world championship in September. Wiggins stands a good chance of winning the Vuelta and Time trial championship, and that should be his focus not playing games in the press.

Although I'd love to see it, I can't even see Wiggins being a contender for the Veulta, and I see Tony Martin as being too good for him in the World Championship Time Trials. I would be the happiest person ever to be proven wrong though.

Will Cineworld actually be open that day, though? How will it be accessible if all the roads are closed?

Have you actually checked the route map/road closures lists to see if it will be inaccessible or have you just put that on as a moan?

Hint - one end of Broughton Lane touches the route but the rest of it doesn't.

I see on the Royal Propaganda Corporation site that Plastikate, Willy and Harry Hewitt will be coming up here for the 'Grand Depart'. I presume that will be in Leeds.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Exactly and the French know how to treat the Germans too.:hihi::hihi:

The neighbouring roads (Broughton lane and Attercliffe Common) will be closed from 6pm Saturday night until the early hours of Monday morning according to a letter we received from the council. This obviously means no access to the park via road over that period. The trams should be back in service by then.

With it being one of the busiest expected weekends of the summer for us (Transformers 4 is out on Saturday 5th, and How To Train Your Dragon 2 has previews Friday to Sunday), we will be extremely unhappy if forced to close, as the loss to business will be quite high.

At this point in time we don't know what we will be doing - obviously if staff cannot got to work, then we will be forced to close.

---------- Post added 16-06-2014 at 20:37 ----------

Hint - one end of Broughton Lane touches the route but the rest of it doesn't.

Broughton Lane will be closed past the Arena parking overflow, right down to the Attercliffe Commone intersection - so, that means no access to the car park at Centertainment either.

Edited by Beakerzoid

Broughton Lane will be closed past the Arena parking overflow, right down to the Attercliffe Commone intersection - so, that means no access to the car park at Centertainment either.

I stand corrected. The spreadsheets you can download are somewhat unclear.

I stand corrected. The spreadsheets you can download are somewhat unclear.

We received our letters on Friday explaining the impact for the local area. I guess the whole road is closed to stop traffic from trying to make it down to the race area, and is accounting for the footfall of people who will be in the area too.

One day without the cinema.

how will you manage.

There are others.

and a big bike race to watch instead

If Cineworld would be isolated from business due to tour road closures they could ask for compensation. Don't think council will do that without a proper agreement. They will leave something open somewhere.

This is time for Cineworld to ask for some favours in case they want something extra from council.