2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Surely this does not affect the whole of Oughtibridge, just the roads used for the race. Namely Haggstones Rd, Church St, and Jawbone Hill.

How did you manage when the roads mentioned above were recently all fully refurbished,Iam sure this took much longer than a day.

Well there is a couple of camp sites opening up in Oughtibridge I would think that access to them will be maintained.

Anyway what has the French ever done for us.

The Normans left us some nice buildings. And chips are thought to have originated in France.

The Normans left us some nice buildings. And chips are thought to have originated in France.

And what did we ever do before the cul-de-sac? :hihi:

And what did we ever do before the cul-de-sac? :hihi:

Rue (geddit?) their non-existence?

Well there is a couple of camp sites opening up in Oughtibridge I would think that access to them will be maintained.[/quote

As one of them is situated at the top of Jawbone Hill I wouldn't like to say about that. I imagine pedestrian access will be allowed though as lots of spectators will be on the hill

Regarding road closures etc, well the roads are closed for the marathon or half marathon once in 365 days. The roads are gonna be closed for the Tour once in 36,865 days,.!

jt

Regarding road closures etc, well the roads are closed for the marathon or half marathon once in 365 days. The roads are gonna be closed for the Tour once in 36,865 days,.!

jt

But they like to complain about that as well.

i am really looking forward to tdf arriving in sheffield i would love to go to the finnish to see it but i am struggling to find a way there in my car and where to park. travelling from woodhouse can anyone help.

i am really looking forward to tdf arriving in sheffield i would love to go to the finnish to see it but i am struggling to find a way there in my car and where to park. travelling from woodhouse can anyone help.

Park your car at the Park and ride at the bottom of the Parkway, and catch the Tram to Meadowhall.

Surely this does not affect the whole of Oughtibridge, just the roads used for the race. Namely Haggstones Rd, Church St, and Jawbone Hill.

How did you manage when the roads mentioned above were recently all fully refurbished. I am sure this took much longer than a day.

That's right , all main roads in and out of Oughtibridge including Langsett Road north so I doubt if the buses will be going through.

As for the refurbished roads they were done during the night.

Park your car at the Park and ride at the bottom of the Parkway, and catch the Tram to Meadowhall.

Best to check whether the trams to Meadowhall will be running again by then. A 52 bus will take MB to Attercliffe and then either a tram or replacement bus will do the rest.

Trams will be running, details on the extra services were released a few weeks ago.