Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Question for the central heating engineers among you - I have a Baxi Solo 3 PFL central heating boiler and the pump seems to be rather noisy (to me - OH doesn't notice it, but he's half deaf ::hihi:) and it also seems to keep running after the central heating's (automatically) switched off on the timer clock - is this normal? Does it need any attention/service? And, most importantly, is it costing me any money?! Thank you for your help.

Hi the pump running after the boiler goes off would be normal from the pump overrun but only for about 5-8 mins, does the pump run for longer?

Is this something that has just started or has it always done it?

Ive known this before and it could be a number of things, if the pump is wired to the boiler

then it could be a sticking motorised valve or even a fault on the pcb.

Here to help if you get stuck cheers jon at JB Heating.

Question for the central heating engineers among you - I have a Baxi Solo 3 PFL central heating boiler and the pump seems to be rather noisy (to me - OH doesn't notice it, but he's half deaf ::hihi:) and it also seems to keep running after the central heating's (automatically) switched off on the timer clock - is this normal? Does it need any attention/service? And, most importantly, is it costing me any money?! Thank you for your help.

Agree with JB. Noisy pump is because it may be worn and nearing the end of its life, or possibly air in system, which will make pump noisy too

My son has a Buderus combi boiler.

Today the heating is on but whilst showering the water ran cold.

The heating is still on but the water remains cold.

Anybody tell me what is the probable problem please.

Thanks

Does this help?

http://www.buderus.co.uk/files/201105131334050.BUD__Range_Service_Manual_kW_System___kW_Combi.pdf

If the water is ALWAYS cold, even with heating OFF, it may be the diverter valve.

But wait for the professionals to answer! :) , and go to sleep reading the manual.

Have a look at the displays round about page 12

Edited by FORE

Hi what model buderus is it i remember some on a contract i used to cover years ago

and every engineer used to back heel them to the next guy. Changed some

of the hydrolic blocks on them which had split, not a nice job to do.

Edited by JBradleybz

A question to all you marvellous heating engineers- I have a sime murelle HE 35 BF which was installed October 2011 in a new build and it's already on the blink. Shows error code AL 09 which according to the manual (I downloaded) it means inadequate water circulation. When it's working all the radiators are hot but then i can try and draw hot water and the error code comes on and the water runs cold. Does this mean it could be a blocked filter within the boiler or something more simple that I can do. Water pressure is 1.7 bar when boilers working. Any advice would be most appreciated.:huh:

Does this help?

http://www.buderus.co.uk/files/201105131334050.BUD__Range_Service_Manual_kW_System___kW_Combi.pdf

If the water is ALWAYS cold, even with heating OFF, it may be the diverter valve.

But wait for the professionals to answer! :) , and go to sleep reading the manual.

Have a look at the displays round about page 12

Many thanks for your comments,and the manual.

For some reason it is all working as it should this morning.

My advice to him is to get on a service contract with British Gas whilst it is working.

Thanks also to Jbradley

Hi

We're in a rented property and yes I know the landlord should sort this out but what do you do if the landlord wont get back to you etc etc?

Anyway... we have boiler for the hot water with a header tank, everytime the heating comes on the pipe near the tank bangs - this goes on for about 10 mins maybe more - its really loud!

What can be done to stop it and is it expensive?

The heating is on a timer but comes on when the temperature drops also so this noise happens at 4am too...... grrrrrrrr

Please help!

Anyone know what the artificial coal bed for the gas fire on a Glow Worm 45f back boiler is made from?? After taking the coal bed out out some of the back coating chipped off and there's a white material underneath. Is it asbestos?? Thanks

You need to supply the model of the fire and if visible, the G.C. number. This should be on a data plate when you move the bottom cover

You need to supply the model of the fire and if visible, the G.C. number. This should be on a data plate when you move the bottom cover

All that's on the data plate is that it's a Glow Worm Fireblaze 45f. I think it's 21 years old. Is that any help? Thanks

To all installers. Any of you who is local to S11/10/17/8/12 and fitting a new boiler I would appreciate the box it was supplied in. I'll collect.

Pm me for details...your help would be most appreciated lads.