BT Infinity in 2012, Good or Bad.

Seems all the preceeding BT Infinity threads are well out of date, so has any one had it fitted in 2012. If so is it good/bad or just ok. It appears it is now possible to get it in S35, but if you have been with your service provider for many years, is it worth changing and the hassle it would cause.

Problem is my provider AOL, we get 1.5 download and a miserable .300 up load, BT must be better than this - is it.

Angel.

Terrible from the point of view of not being able to get it. Currently they're advertising Infinity TWO. It'd be nice if BT finished the roll-out of the infinity network before launching package upgrades.

BT won't commit to a date for the local exchange

Virgin laid cable to the edge of the village and stopped and have no plans to extend.

Origin can give unlimited fibre with no fair usage policy or 'peak times' from £17.50 per month.

Buy local! :-)

See above. Like BT/Virgin, Origin have stopped outside the village.

There are 12,000 households in the village, several primary and a large secondary school plus businesses, most crying out for fibre connectivity but no-one will fit the damn thing.

It's ridiculous.

I have it on Batemoor and the server is at Greenhill, not too far away but normal veiwing is roughly the same. It slows and pauses at peak times.

The benefit I have noticed is downloading photos for printing. 2 - 3 mb files go within 5-9 seconds. Excellent when downloading 100+

Problem is my provider AOL, we get 1.5 download and a miserable .300 up load, BT must be better than this - is it.

Anything is better than that, AOL are rubbish - why did you ever go with them?

Get infinity and don't look back, it'll surprise you how fast it is.

Plusnet have brill offers on atm. 6months free broadband and no set up fees. I went to join BT and they wanted me in a 24 month contract for phone and BB. No thank you. Wanted to charge me through the nose, as as Boing pointed out, I had no choice but to take BT Vison - pointless.

If your provider uses the BT network (AOL for example) - Then they should offer you fibre. You shouldn't have to move provider.

Any provider who uses the BT network will be using BT infinity.

To check when an exchange is gonna be upgrade, check out this site:

http://www.samknows.com

Got BT Infinity 1 a few month ago and very quickly maxed out the 40Gb limit. So went up to Infinity 2 with unlimited and it has been simply awesome.

Reliable, usually get the stated 78Mbps and the standard router works great as long as you're not a computer geek.

Highly recommended.