Opening a sandwich shop in parsons cross ideas for what the public want

Why who is charging more than £2 ,rip off if they are .

Hi thanks for all your comments all really good ideas.

We have decided to open the shop till tea time for people that cant be bother to cook offering a range of home cooked meal with different specials everyday. Also open 7 days a week, On Sundays they will be a Sunday dinner on offer we have learnt threw market research that people want a good quality massive cheap and cheerful sandwich or breakfast also known to many as a belly buster with a range of specials and special offers. We will have kids meals available and also sandwiches and salads ready made for people in a rush, We know the food needs to be fresh, They will be a telephone order and delivery service available,

Plus outside catering for parties and events on request, And hopefully once we have found the right person they will be a cake service available

We are gunna make it to what everyone wants if we havent got it we will order it in specially for anyone that requests it.

The shop name will be freya fry up after the gran-daughter and the shop will be on lindsey avenue opening on 26th of October

a proper one:D

smaller profits and busy = more money

bigger profits and quiet = less money

the mark up on cookd/cold food can be large, depending on where you shop and overheads, but better to say be 50pence cheaper and have mega busy shop than have a quiet shop but charging a bit extra;)

I believe in a similar approach, less profit=more sales.

need help on idea of what the public want. It would be much appreiciated

any ideas welcome

You'll need lots of bread.

I agree with the branded sauces, hp sauce,, heinz tom and def heinz salad cream. Hate cheap salad cream on a salad sarnie. Also don't be stingy, even ask how much they like.

need help on idea of what the public want. It would be much appreiciated

any ideas welcome

Chips and somewhere to leave the three-wheeled chav-pram:D:D

Don't put mayonase / salad cream on the sandwhiches! Horrid stuff, and when buying a sandwhich half the time servers just assume you want it on. Ruins a perfectly good sandwhich :)

Freya fry up makes it sounds like a cheap dirty greasy spoon cafe. Can't say it would entice me in.

I've always thought there was a gap in the market for healthy, tastey, fast food, and fast food which deliberately cuts calories, (and includes a calorie count in the menu like some restaurants are doing now.)

There are lots of delicious low calorie recipes around that could be used in a fast food outlet, although it will involve a lot of home cooking.

As far as I know there's no one doing this anywhere in Sheffield.

I've always thought there was a gap in the market for healthy, tastey, fast food, and fast food which deliberately cuts calories, (and includes a calorie count in the menu like some restaurants are doing now.)

There are lots of delicious low calorie recipes around that could be used in a fast food outlet, although it will involve a lot of home cooking.

As far as I know there's no one doing this anywhere in Sheffield.

no way a greasy bacon butty is whats neaded!

I agree, but why restrict choice when it's relatively easy to reduce calorie and fat composition in take out food. Not everyone wants butter on their bread or the rind on the bacon, cutting out both can significantly reduce the total calories and it might mean more customers. I think many more people are health conscious and might opt for a healthier food option if one's available, maybe not everyday but occasionally. I remember my Friday night curry used to come swimming in ghee, it's rare to see that now and I've not noticed any difference in taste. :)

Having in the past been on a wheat free diet, I'd also include gluten free bread options.