SHIREGREEN do you want Virgin internet/tv/phone

Virgin Internet is awful. See if origin can help.

My neighbours on adsl are getting less than 300kbps whereas I get 40mb.

Another vote for origin from me, I was getting between 0.4-0.8 meg with sky now I'm with origin I get 22meg download & 2 meg upload and I'm on the the base package.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Another for Origin 1.02-1.05 with BT, Sky and Plusnet 23.9 with Origin for £17:50 PM:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stannington

Just tried the postcode checker for my address in Shiregreen and when it got to availability page the app just shut down

Another factor, when ISP's say they can get upto 'such a speed' it doesn't take into account any sub-standard internal cabling you may have.

We're getting 1.5Mbps with Sky in Shiregreen. Have to say we were glad to move from Virgin (when we moved house) as their 'up to 30MB' "upgrade" that we had was worse than the previous 'up to 10Mb' and was costing us nearly £40 a month, and their customer service sucked. Would be interesting to get a comparison, as Shiregreen seems unlikely to be cabled anytime soon.

Edited by Shazbat

Ive got Origin and would leave today if we could get Virgin in Shiregreen :)

Ive got Origin and would leave today if we could get Virgin in Shiregreen :)

If Virgin were in my area I would stay put with Origin, I couldn't be with another ISP who traffic shapes my data.

I am half tempted to upgrade to the faster speeds as going on the estimations online I would get over 100 down and over 20 up!!

I would stay with Origin if i could get anywhere close to the estimations on Origins website at least with Virgin i will get the speeds i pay for :) Plus i only down load after 12 so i be fine.

I would stay with Origin if i could get anywhere close to the estimations on Origins website at least with Virgin i will get the speeds i pay for :) Plus i only down load after 12 so i be fine.

What were you quoted/got? Are you sure its not an issue elsewhere?